Previously, children were able to access 600 funded hours of early learning and childcare provision. To help support children and their families, the Government have committed to almost double these funded hours and will offer families 1140 funded hours of early learning and childcare by August 2020. In Stirling, this is being rolled out over a three year period. Phase one began in some Stirling nurseries in August 2018, phase two will begin in August 2019 and phase three will be as of August 2020. The extra hours will be available to all children aged 3 or 4 years and for some 2 years olds whose parents/carers are in receipt of certain welfare benefits.
Once in place, families will have much more of a choice of how they access early learning and childcare provision as the expansion will provide families in Stirling with flexible options of how to access their funded hours.
Further information regarding the expansion can be found in the Delivery Plan for the Expansion of Early Learning and Childcare. The All About Guide for parents and carers provides a response to a range of frequency asked questions.
Expansion of early learning and childcare - phase 2
Admissions are now open for nurseries in phase 2 of the expansion of early learning and childcare.
- Early Years Expansion Newsletter Issue 1 (October 2017)
- Early Years Expansion Newsletter Issue 2 (December 2017)
- Early Years Expansion Newsletter Issue 3 (February 2018)
- Early Years Expansion Newsletter Issue 4 (June 2018)
- Early Years Expansion Newsletter Issue 5 (October 2018)
- Early Years Expansion Newsletter 6 (December 2018)
- Early Years Expansion Newsletter 7 (January 2019)