- Crime Reading Groups - A book group especially for fans of this popular genre
- Reminiscence Groups - A wonderful chance to share memories of the past together
- Adult Book Groups - Meet up in our libraries, many branches run general book groups for anyone who loves reading. We also have a reading group collection for private book groups to borrow.
- ESOL for English learners - our ESOL reading group is designed to help strengthen reading skills
- Knitting and Crochet Groups - Informal, drop- in groups for adults. Everyone welcome from complete beginners to the more experienced
- Poetry Club - Available in some libraries, meet to talk about and enjoy poetry together
- Music Group - Available in some libraries, bring your instrument along and play along with like minded musicians
These sessions vary among individual libraries and more groups start up all the time
- Bookbug Sessions (English and German) - For pre-school children a great way for parents and carers to bond with their children through songs and rhymes
- Chatterbooks - for primary age schoolchildren, a chance to meet other children and chat about books they have read and also to join in craft sessions.
- Story times - Stories brought to life for children aged between 2 and 5
- Teenage Book Groups - An opportunity for teenagers to socialise and chat about books
- Children Summer Reading Scheme - Children challenge themselves to read six books over the course of the summer break
- Playgroups and centres - Collections of books are issued twice a year to pre-school groups within the Stirling Council area from a special collection of appropriate books housed in the Young People's Services Section at Library Headquarters.
Off the Page Book Festival
An annual book festival delivering author talks, drop in sessions, craft events for adults, children and families visit the Website
Mobile Maker Space
Stirling Libraries recently secured funding to buy a range of portable digital technology devices, including 3D printers, 3D scanners, Doodle Pens and design software. We will be using this new equipment ot engage in digital creation activities, working in an outreach context with groups and communities across the Stirling Council area.
New titles, eBooks, Audio Books, see the Reading List, Change your account details and much more. Our libraries give access to a wealth of information with each library having access to reference information.