Information and Reference
Our libraries give access to a wealth of information with each library having access to reference information. We also give free access to a variety of online resources which can be used 24 hours a day.
The Reference Library on the first floor of Central Library holds a large collection of reference materials which can help with research for work, study and leisure. You can use the books, newspapers or magazines yourself, log on to the available computers, or ask our staff for help.
What sort of materials are available in Central Reference Library?
- National and local newspapers
- A range of magazines including Which?
- Atlases, ordnance survey maps and street plans
- Business and law directories
- Historical statistical information
- Biographical information including Who's Who
- Council information including Minutes of meetings and planning schedules
- Local History Collection including street and trade directories