Phase one will see the resurfacing of the roundabout at Claredon Place. This will begin at 6.30pm on Sunday 25th August and be completed by 6.30am on Monday 26th August.
The second phase will be carried out on the B8033 south bound Lane at South Lodge over the next five nights.
The work will begin at 8.30pm on Monday 26th August and be finished by 6.30am each morning. The second phase is scheduled to be completed by Saturday 31st August at 6.30am.
Phase 1 – Claredon Place (Marks and Spencer) roundabout
- The B8033 shall remain open at Fourways Roundabout, with access to Beech Road, Millrow and the High Street being maintained.
- There shall be no access beyond Beech Road for traffic heading south bound.
- Residents within John R Gray Road will be allowed access via Claredon Place during these works and officers will be on site to guide residents to their properties.
- Springfield Terrace shall remain open for north bound traffic only, again providing access to Beech Road, Millrow and the High Street. There shall be no access south bound with vehicles following the diversion route south.
- The B8033 north bound shall be closed from Keir Roundabout, with access being maintained for residents with properties on the closed section of the dual carriageway.
- The works will start when Marks and Spencer’s closes. M&S Staff working after the shop closes will be permitted to leave under escort to ensure their safe passage.
Phase 2 : B8033 south bound Lane at South Lodge
- On completion of the resurfacing of the roundabout at Claredon Place there shall be no obstruction on the B8033 from Fourways Roundabout to Claredon Place Roundabout.
- However, there shall be no access beyond Claredon Place Roundabout on the B8033 south bound until the works on the south bound carriageway are complete.
- The roundabout at Claredon Place shall remain open allowing residential access to John R Gray Road.
- The B8033 North Bound from Keir Roundabout shall be open as usual to all traffic.