It is an offence to allow your dog to stray.
Stray dogs will be picked up by the Stirling Council’s Dog Warden Service who may:-
- where the owner is known, return it with a warning or
- take to it directly to our stray dog shelter at Bandeath
If you have lost your dog
To check if your dog has been taken to Bandeath Stray Dog Shelter phone 01786 404040 or report this online and provide the following information:-
- where you lost your dog
- when you lost your dog
- your dog’s breed and colour if your dog has a collar and details tag
- if your dog has been ID chipped
If you want to report a stray dog which you have seen or found
If you wish to report a stray dog, phone Stirling Council’s Dog Warden Service on 01786 404040 or report this online and provide the following information:-
- location of dog
- when you saw the dog
- the dog’s breed and colour
- if possible/safe to do so, any details on its collar tag
- owner’s name and address if known
- your own contact details
- any other relevant information e.g. direction of travel
If you have taken possession of the dog and wish it to be uplifted outwith office hours then phone your local Police office.
Please note: it is an offence to take possession of a stray dog without reporting it.
NB - after 7 days any unclaimed dogs become the property of Stirling Council.