The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 provides for the creation of local licensing forums in every local authority area. The licensing board must meet with the relevant licensing forum at least once a year and the forum must meet four times a year. The aim of the forum is to promote the understanding of local issues in relation to the operation of the Act.
The purpose of the forum is to:
- review the operation of the Act in the forum’s area and the exercise of the relevant board of their functions
- give advice and make recommendations to the relevant board
Forum members include the Chief Constable, premises and personal licence holders, residents, and young people drawn from the local area.
Stirling Council needs more local people from rural areas to become involved in the Stirling local licensing forum.
- Tuesday 9 May 2023 at 10am
- Tuesday 22 August 2023 at 10am
- Tuesday 21 November 2023 at 10am
Joint meeting between Stirling Local Licensing Forum and District of Stirling Licensing Board on Tuesday 21 November 2023 at 11.30am.