May 2021 Minutes

Bannockburn Community Council
Minute of Meeting

06 May 2021

Zoom Meeting


Present: A Marshall, L Jordon, L Masterson, T Cattigan and W McEwan
Apologies: J Leary, D McPhail, R Dawson, Sharon McGrouther and Cllr Brisley
Attendance: Joanne Blair (Minute Taker)

Press: None


Residents: None


  1. Declarations of Interest- None


  2. Adoption of previous meeting(s) minutes- Previous minutes approved. Proposed by
    Willie and seconded by Lesley.


  3. Matters Arising

    1. 41 houses passed at Roys Yard with conditions. CC has asked for contamination

    2. Work at the Library has started. Unsure when this will open to the public.

    3. CC to discuss new venue for meetings at next meeting.

    4. 85 houses passed at Pirnhall. Tommy waiting on answer regarding footpaths
      and traffic lights. 20 houses will be for rent although unsure which housing
      association, waiting on word back. SC confirmed there would be no play area.

    5. Willie asked update re Brucefield houses – no feedback at all.

    6. Pot holes at West Murrayfield have been inspected and report suggests there is
      nothing wrong with it. Tommy to take pictures and send to SC.

    7. Pot holes at East Murrayfield have been inspected and SC can confirm it will be
      completely resurfaces in June/July.

    8. No summer plants will be bedded this summer. Wild flower seeds have been
      planted instead.

    9. Quakerfield Shops-

      1. Damaged wall has been repaired.

      2. Work on the bank has started which is going to be The Hub.

      3. Car park marked into the drawings but SC has noted this was a mistake.
        Tommy to provide an update at the next CC meeting.

    10. Gable-end Greenacre Place:

      1. 4 years since the last renovation.

      2. SC cannot gain access to insulate render without private owner’s
        permission to enter through rear garden.

      3. SC cannot upgrade solar lights as 2 of the 4 flats are privately owned.

  4. Reports- External

    1. Police Scotland: No Report

    2. Elected Member: Report sent in and issued to community council members after the
      meeting was held.


  5. Reports- Internal

    1. Secretary: All CC enquires shared wth all members.

    2. Treasurer: Nothing to report.

    3. Planning: No update.

    4. Bannockburn House:

      1. Toilets ongoing

      2. Plasterboard up

      3. Doors up next week

      4. Disabled toilets last one to finish

      5. Drainage problem still ongoing

      6. Gardens making good progress – volunteers helping

      7. Currently looking for an alternative electricity supply for cottage.

      8. No word on trees yet.


  6. Community Council Business

    1. Possible new member, Tommy in discussion will forward paperwork to SC.


  7. AOB

    1. None.


  8. Residents Forum

    1. None.


  9. Date, time and venue of next meeting


    1. Tbc, June 2021.