July 2022 Minutes

Download or preview in pdf format


Bannockburn Community Council
Minute of Meeting
07 July 2022
Bannockburn Community Centre
Present: A Marshall, L Jordan, I Dawson, L Masterson, T Cattigan and W McEwan
Apologies: J Leary, D McPhail and Cllr Alasdair MacPherson
Attendance: Joanne Blair (Minute Taker)
Press: None
Residents: None
1. Declarations of Interest- None
2. Adoption of previous meeting(s) minutes- Minutes proposed by I Dawson and
seconded by L Masterson
3. Matters Arising
a. The hub will have an official open day – Tommy will forward the details on to cc
members. Michelle Flynn shared the leaflet previously of what the hub can be used
b. Library has been power washed externally.
c. SC are currently working on the charging points for electric cars, this is not yet been
d. CC met with Council officer to discuss light at Cenotaph.
e. EM said previously BCC could apply for funds regarding the water supply at the
Cenotaph. CC to meet with officer on the 13th July 2022.
f. Second planter has been completed in the history garden. Possible future planters
include carriage and a chair that relates to Telford Bridge. CC has written to SC to
request more of the area for planters.
g. CC agree to apply for funding for heritage notice boards around the history garden.
h. Officer has provided a map of the lamp posts for Christmas lights. CC agree to apply
for funding for 6 lights on lamp posts.
i. Cllr Hambly confirmed there is a grass cutting problem due to not enough seasonal
workforce. 12 Started and 10 left SC. Grass issue is Stirling Council wide.
j. CC to email SC about the length of the grass at Granada as it is now dangerous.
k. After meeting with SC, Ladies of the Rock are to make “no changes” to their way of
working. Ladies of the Rock will not be asked to use “donations to pay for food to
pay for renting hall”. Ladies of the Rock have backing of Chief Executive and
l. CC have agree to work in partnership with Ladies of the Rock and the food bank to
apply for funding.
m. Snagging at Quakerfield shops have still not been completed, CC have put in 2 CC
enquiries for this.
n. New Bungalows have still not had the required repairs. There hasn’t been any
response from EM. CC has put a CC enquiry in for this.
o. Community Development Officer confirmed in a previous email the dog bins in Milne
park were reduced due to a health and safety issue.
p. There was a fire at the Ladywell park with household rubbish being put in the
bins. Bin are being moved near the picnic area from Bruce Street entrance.
q. Some play equipment in the Ladywell park has been out of use for over a year. SC
confirmed this will not be fixed until they have a costing for the stein square repairs.
CC suggested they could give funds for Ladywell park repairs.
r. CC have requested toilets for the top park, SC are looking into this.
s. Stein Square, heras fence up around unsafe MUGA. It is believed the fence is being
taken down. SC are looking at a new fence however first estimate was £100k and
second estimate was £120k.
t. Household waste is being dumped in rubbish bins at local parks & various areas. It
was agreed at Council meeting there will be consultation with the community.
u. CC have noted they want to know what is happening with the welcome to
Bannockburn sign.
4. Reports- External
a. Police Scotland:
i. No report received.
b. Elected Member:
i. No report received.
c. Community Development Officer:
i. No report received.
5. Reports- Internal
a. Secretary: Copy of all updates received was forwarded and discussed with CC
b. Treasurer: Linda shared updates with CC members.
c. Planning: No update.
d. Bannockburn House: No update.
6. Community Council Business
a. None
7. AOB
a. Tommy to chase up Police report for future meetings.
b. CC to query with SC about the train station that was supposed to be built in
Bannockburn in 2018.
c. The CC have agreed to hold their annual AGM at August’s meeting.
8. Residents Forum
a. None.
9. Date, time and venue of next meeting
a. Thursday 4th August 2022.