March 2022 Minutes

Download or view in pdf format

Bannockburn Community Council
Minute of Meeting
03 March 2022
Bannockburn Community Centre
Present: A Marshall, T Cattigan, L Jordan, I Dawson, D McPhail, L Masterson, J Leary, W McEwan and Councillor MacPherson
Attendance: Joanne Blair (Minute Taker)
Press: None
Residents: None
1. Declarations of Interest- None

2. Adoption of previous meeting(s) minutes- Minutes proposed by Tommy and seconded by Linda.

3. Matters Arising

a. BCC have asked SC why the external of the library hasn’t been cleaned and painted. This is to be done under maintenance but no timeframe has been confirmed.
b. Hub to be opened on the 1st of April. BCC have asked if there will be a canopy over the ramp access. SC have confirmed there won’t be as the door is covered.
c. Additional electric access door at the Hub, the switch is on the door frame. Anyone in a wheel chair will find this difficult. BCC asked if this can be moved further down the ramp. No additional electric access door on the other ramp. BCC asked why was this not part of the original works. This will be looked at once the unit goes out to be let.
d. BCC confirmed a works order is out for lock on CC office, this will ensure no other lights are damaged. This has been completed.
e. BCC asked if the drain at Telford Bridge is being fixed. Still awaiting a response.
f. Damaged works in front of bank since 2020. SC officer visited in 2021 and created a snagging list for the contractor. This was surveyed again on 19th January 2022 and forwarded this to the contractor however this hasn’t been complete. BCC asked SC why this was surveyed again but still no response.
g. Still awaiting on an update regarding lighting at the cenotaph.
h. BCC met with local contractor at the Cenotaph to confirm details of upgrading the pathway. It was agreed between Land services and volunteers that the pathway will be widened to allow wheel chair access around the memorial for the first time. CC passed estimated costings to land services and land services passed out a work order for the work to start asap.
i. Cllr MacPherson confirmed SC will not supply a water supply at the Cenotaph for volunteers but BCC can apply for funding. If they are awarded this funding then the CC can arrange water supply for volunteers.
j. Permission has been given for two planters in the history garden. Volunteers to send BCC drawings and will start these in March 2022.

k.Local garage are funding two planters and these are being made by a localvolunteer. One will be placed opposite Kilgannon Motors and the other location is still to be agreed.
l.New picnicbenches have been ordered. BCC liaising with land services to arrange for these to be fitted.
m.The boardsat Stein Square still haven’t been replacedaftertwo and a half years. These are being inspected in March as the steel frame is not safe in certain areasand to be fixed is estimated to cost £100,000 to be replaced.
n.If BCC want Christmas lights on lamp posts they have to arrange the testing, fitting of power points and insurance cover. BCC agreed to look into thetesting of six lamp posts and providing funding is available this willgo ahead. CllrMacPherson will forward details of light ways for the survey.
o.BCC received an email from a member of the community regarding dangerouspot holes. BCC to contact CC enquiries to find out who in the council will fix thisas this doesn’t belong to roads.
p.Two weeks after CC asking what is happening to the solar panelson the bungalows, these are now to be fitted. Scaffolding was to go up last weekhowever this hasn’t happened yet.
q.Cllr MacPherson to enquire about planting a tree in Lesley’s street. Hewillconfirm ifthis need planning permission.
4.Reports- External
a.Police Scotland:
i.No report.
b.Elected Member:
i.Bannockburn boxing club have come acrossserious issues. Not allowed to hang things on the wall etc.
ii.Budget at council was passed yesterday, it was confirmed there would be a 3% increase on council tax, enhanced child bridge payments, Increase clothing grantand new toilets for Plean country parkwas agreed. Apathway from the bus garage to Cowie was also passed.
iii.Cllr MacPherson will forward the contact email forPersimmonsto applyfor grants.
iv.Cllr MacPherson confirmed irregular bin pickupsdue to covid.
5.Reports- Internal
a.Secretary: Copy of all updates received was passed on to CC members.
b.Treasurer: Update shared with CCmembers.
c.Planning: No update in the planning report regarding Bannockburn.
d.Bannockburn House: No update.
6.Community Council Business
8.Residents Forum
9.Date, time and venue of next meeting

a. Thursday 7th April 2022.