October 2023 Minutes

Download or preview in pdf format


Bannockburn Community Council

Minute of Meeting
05 October 2023
Bannockburn Community Centre

Present: T Cattigan, I Dawson, W McEwan, B Miller, R McLachlan, and L Watret

Apologies: L Masterson, S Kerr and J Reid

Attendance: J Blair

Press: None

Residents: None

1. Declarations of Interest- None

2. Adoption of previous meeting(s) minutes- Minutes proposed by T Cattigan and seconded by W McEwan

3. Matters Arising
a. The CC are still waiting on feedback from the Chief Executive of NHS. The CC have questioned where will the new health centre be to accommodate all the new houses.
b. Persimmon have asked for a community team to be set up to discuss the way forward and any benefits for the community.
c. Contractor has confirmed the water board doesn’t need a fence to maintain the pond in Snabhead View. Residents have shared their concerns regarding the safety of children. CC members also confirmed the path has still not been completed when the planning highlights the path should be completed first.
d. CC have requested a sign to go up to keep dogs out the enclosed play area at Ladywell Park. SC have confirmed they cannot do this.
e. A list of play equipment at Ladywell Park that needs repaired has been collated. CC have highlighted the growth near the footpaths and the council has cleared the pathways.
f. 4 parking spaces at Ladywell Park is being occupied by SC storage units and is being monitored.
g. The wooden garages at Hedges Loan are falling apart. Bins outside are full of rubbish. CC wrote to Cllr Brisley who has asked a Council officer to have a look and sort this. The wooden fence has also collapsed but the Council have confirmed it is the tenant’s responsibility.
h. The footpath at the Heritage trail is overgrown and flooded which is preventing safety for the community. This belongs to housing and they confirmed they won’t maintain it only ensure it remains safe.
i. CC have requested a SC officer to visit Newlands Road to see if they could bitmac area to ensure safety of all. Original response from SC, they will be doing nothing in 2023/24 however a meeting has now been arranged.
j. CC now have a price for the material and installing of the benches at train and tow truck areas for community. The Council agreed to get one bench without a back and one with a back. CC will now submit an application to the Community Pride fund.
k. Discussion being held on rewire of light sockets for Christmas lights. Street lights sockets to be changed to match new pole spurs. Contact with SC for permission to put up, this is done every year. CC member is going to rewire the sockets at the shops. The CC will ask the rugby club for volunteers to help put the lights up. l. Post to go out on Facebook to look for volunteers to hang the Hanging Baskets and Planters in 2024.

4. Reports- External
a. Police Scotland:
i. The report was circulated via email after the meeting.
b. Elected Member:
i. Councillor Hambly has sent his apologies. The CC shared their disappointment that a report was not forwarded on prior to the meeting in the absence of the Councillor.
c. Community Development Officer:
i. No report received.

5. Reports- Internal
a. Secretary: Copy of all updates received was forwarded and discussed with CC members (as above in matters arising).
b. Treasurer: The treasurer was not present at the meeting.
c. Planning: The planning officer was no present at the meeting.
d. Bannockburn House: Bannockburn House will host a Christmas Fayre on the 2nd and 3rd December 2023.

6. Community Council Business
a. Council are looking into the repairs at the Ladywell Park and the works will be carried out.
b. CC members to collate a log of all the works needed carried out in the community and share at the next CC meeting.
c. CC are still waiting on a response from Cllr MacPherson regarding the inappropriate allocations and the refurbishment of Bannockburn High School.

7. AOB
a. None

8. Residents Forum
a. The community of Sauchie Court/Cringate Gardens are looking for help with the refurbishment of the play park. In 2001, the community started raising money to build the play park. It took 3 years to raise £32,000. SC confirmed if the community raised the money they will maintain the park in future. The park is no unsafe but SC have confirmed they won’t look at this until 2024-2025. CC will visit the site and take pictures to send to cc enquiries.
b. A resident has asked the CC to email cc enquires with numerous FOI requests regarding the lack of mechanical sweeping, leaf removal, emptying of litter bins and litter picking programmes in Bannockburn. The CC can confirm they have forwarded this request to CC enquiries and will update the resident when they receive the response.

9. Date, time and venue of next meeting
a. Thursday 2nd November 2023.