April 2022 Minutes

Download or view in pdf format

Cambuskenneth Community Council

Meeting held on Monday 25th April 2022 @ 7.30pm in the Village Hall


Present : Ross McGregor(Chair), Tessa Carroll (Vice Chair), Linda Jones (Secretary), Barbara McElhinney (Treasurer), John McCallum, Archie McIver (Nature & Environment sub-group)

Apologies: Elaine Turner

Items for AOCB

Overhanging Branches

Adoption of previous minutes (28th March 2022)

Adopted as a true record Proposed – Barbara Seconded – Linda


Matters Arising


Maintenance of picnic benches and tables in park Councillor Jim Thomson emailed to say that Stirling Council will continue to inspect and carry out any maintenance required. Tessa will reply to ask when checks are to be made.

Phone Box update Anne Marie confirmed that any electrician can do a check but that the electricity needs to be capped off. Elaine to contact Scottish Power to have this done.

Wallace Monument Steering Group – No update.

Footbridge Maintenance – Mail Councillor Jim Thomson after council elections for an update on SGN’s plans for the gas pipe over the footbridge.

Sheds at Village Hall – clear-out required and things to be moved across to the shed the CC has taken over. The green shed will be offered to residents to purchase – John will take a look before moving things over.

Increase in Hall Charges / Booking Procedure – weekend rates are cheaper if there are registered keyholders – Linda and Ross happy to be keyholders for CC events. Ross will email SC to update them. However, high weekend rates are still likely to put off others from hiring the hall – raise this with councillor attending after elections. We will need the new rota for councillors attending.

Dog Fouling – Tessa confirmed the dog warden will provide bags but not dispensers. A resident has offered to buy the dispensers and bags and will have a look around the village to find the best places for them to be installed.

Newsletter/Welcome Leaflet Linda working on these, draft newsletter to be circulated to CC members. Dates for events are needed.

Coffee Mornings Caroline currently organising restarting these.


Sub Groups

Nature & Environment

Notes from meeting of 19th April sent to CC.

Cycle Path to Manor Powis – Archie will write to candidates standing for SC prior to elections to ask about their plans for cycle path to Manor Powis and Active Travel in general and will feed back to everyone. He will also contact Causewayhead, Blairlogie, Riverside and other CCs as well as Clackmannanshire.

Group has been awarded a Stirling Council Community Pride grant to upgrade the tubs and pergola and put a couple of planters at the park entrance, subject to approval from Cowane’s Trust and SC.

Social Group

Tea Party planned for end of May, date to be confirmed.

Jubilee – Riverside CC is organising a Jubilee family fun day on Saturday 4 th June. Elaine to raise possibility of Social sub-group getting involved.

BBQ – 18th or 19th June, to be confirmed.

Events at the Abbey Elaine hoping to revive these, e.g. carol singing.

Sustrans Art – nothing to report

Defibrillator Ross will email Cowane’s Trust directly for permission to install defibrillator on the hall, as there has still been no reply from SC.

Resilience Nothing to report.

Ladysneuk Road Pavement – Tessa emailed Councillor Jim Thomson for update, no reply yet.


Treasurer’s Report – Alan Loughray doing audit as normal - £38 surplus mainly due to the calendars.

Public Meeting to be held on Monday 20th June 7.30 – 8.30 to ask residents for suggestions on how to spend the ring-fenced money for the hall and park. Deadline for suggestions is this meeting. Linda will book the hall.

SGN Works – Parking Restrictions – SGN work to replace old gas pipes will begin on Monday 9 May and take approximately 7 weeks to complete. How this affects Cambuskenneth: During these operations parking restrictions will be in place allowing safe access to the existing pipework. Works will start in the Dean Crescent area (Riverside) before heading east into Cambuskenneth.

  • Ferry Orchard, Cambuskenneth (both sides full street)

· Ladysneuk Road, (both sides) between 9 and 23

Emergency vehicle access will be maintained throughout the works.

Full info here: https://cambuskenneth.info/2022/04/16/replacement-gas-pipes/

Hanging baskets – plant sale to raise funds for hanging baskets and tubs planned for Saturday 21 May. Also looking for people to sponsor baskets.

Police Report – None



Overhanging branches – The hazards caused by overhanging branches were discussed. The RNIB notes: ‘Hitting your head on an overhanging branch or knocking into overgrown shrubbery can be a real problem for blind and partially sighted pedestrians, particularly during the summer months.’ https:// www.rnib.org.uk/overhanging-branches

Hall brown bin Tessa to chase garden waste permit for village hall brown bin.

Fly-tipping – Archie reported an incident of fly-tipping alongside the railway on Broom Farm road, reported to Network Rail.

Date of next meeting: Monday 23rd May 2022 at 7.30pm in the village hall.


Stirling Council: 01786 404040, Police non-emergency 101, NHS 24: 111

Scottish Power emergency: 105, Scottish Gas emergency: 0800 111999

Reminder: Minutes are available via the CC website and Facebook page. If you want them emailed privately or paper copies, please let us know via email at cambuskennethcc@gmail.com or by contacting any CC member.