February 2022 Minutes

Download or view in pdf format

Cowie Community Council Minute of Meeting

23 February 2022 Cowie Community Centre






Alan Stevenson (Chair) Clare Stevenson Amanda Black

Gael Strachan


Mags Hughes Jane Hamill

Sharon McGrouther, Stirling Council

In Attendance:

Cllr Maureen Bennison PC Stephanie Martin PC Graham Woodhouse

Residents: none

Meeting opened and attendees welcomed by Chair

1. Declarations of Interest: none

2. Adoption of previous meeting minute: Proposed – Claire Stevenson Seconded – Amanda Black

3. Matters arising


· Hub – delay to completion caused by planning permission issues. Now scheduled for July 2022

  • Tibbies Brae

- complaints no bins for fog foul. CC willing to pay for 2 bins.

- Enquiry to be made re Scottish Government funding for lights – Cllr Bennison to follow up

- Inspect junction at Fallin end – Cllr Bennison to speak to Road Management

· SEPA – quarry deemed suitable. HSE to monitor. Council to ask Patersons to infill – Cllr Bennison to follow up

4. Reports - External

● Police Scotland

· 6 crimes reported – 4 detected.

  • 29 calls made for varying issues

· Operation Beeston relaunched to deal with illicit drug supply/use

· Addiction/Mental health event being held 16th March in Fallin

· Weekend policing back in village

· PC Graham Woodhouse introduced himself as newest member of community team

● Councillor Report – Cllr Bennison

· Bus service – in view of complaints, motion been made for Council leader to write to Scottish Government re service. Council has met with First Bus and will speak to other bus operators with a view to tendering for the service

  • Anti social scrutiny panel – This has been set up to deal with sensitive tenants etc

5. Reports - internal:

  • Treasurers report – There is a balance of £1,005. Money could be used to review the notice boards in the village and get them fixed

6. Community Council Business: none

7. AOB

· The route is very tight at the mini roundabout leading onto the bannockburn Rd. Investigate if it’s possible to shave the pavement to make the road better

· St Margaret’s housing – Cllr Bennison to find out more about allocation

8. Residents Forum: none


9. Date, time and venue of next meeting:

Wednesday 27 April 2022 at 7.15pm in Cowie Community Centre