May 2022 Minutes

Download or view in pdf format


Venue – But & Ben Wednesday 11.5.22 @ 7.30 pm


Attendees - Margaret Firth (MF), Donnie Watson ( DW), David Armstrong (DA), Henry Braid (HB), Cyndy Bourbousson (CB), Willie Nisbet (WN), Steven Graham ( SG), Paul Houghton (PH) and 31 residents

Apologies – Anne Ewing

1. Previous Minutes proposed HB and Seconded by DW

2. Police Report

Forth and Endrick, Croftamie Community Council May 2022 - Compiled by PC Steven Graham

Antisocial Behaviour

A male was found to be in possession of cannabis at the Drymen Bridge area.

There was a report of a male acting suspiciously in the forest tracks area near to Hoish Farm which frightened a female walking her dog. Female shouted at male who made off. Nothing was said to the female by the male.

Road Safety

An RTC occurred in Croftamie village. A vehicle was turning right into the nursery and another struck the rear of the vehicle. Initial report was that the vehicle had been rammed from behind but from the circumstances it appears that this is not the case. The offending vehicle drove off however enquiries are ongoing to trace the vehicle. No injury was sustained.

I was made aware of the concerns re the signage for the Drymen Show. My colleagues at the Emergency Planning Dept have spoken to the council and are the council are considering erecting a sign at the A809/B834 Finnich Toll junction directing people going to follow the diversion. No plans to put any further signs up as they say there is adequate signage in place re the road closures/diversions.


There have been no thefts in the Croftamie area since the last meeting however oil was stolen from a tank at a house in Milton of Buchanan. Also, thefts have occurred in the Blanefield area where insecure premises have been entered and property, including vehicle keys and thus vehicles have been stolen.

Police observed a van from a local business in Drymen driving in the early hours of the morning which they found suspicious and therefore decided to stop it and check it out. The vehicle failed to stop and it was followed until it eventually stopped in the Aberfoyle


area where the driver was arrested and charged with various offences including theft of motor vehicle.

Blanefield – open doors and taken the car kets Garage and and electric bike was stolen

What basic steps can I take to protect my home?

Think about basic good housekeeping routines that aren’t expensive:

• Keep your home locked at all times

• Many thieves do not need to break in at all because a door or window has been left open or unlocked

•Don’t leave keys on the inside of door locks, under mats or anywhere else they can be easily found

• If you have a ‘thumb turn’ lock on the inside of a door, ensure that it cannot be accessed from outside

• Don’t keep house keys and car keys on the same key ring

• Don't keep a lot of cash in the house

• Mark your property with a UV marker pen or Security DNA marking Kit - these can be bought online or in some stores

• Look for the Secured By Design accreditation on the product and register - you can place an invisible imprint of your postcode and house number on your possessions

• You can record and register details of your valuables, serial numbers and features or marks, on devices on the national mobile property register on the immobilise website - this includes mobile phones, cameras, laptops and tablets

• Don’t leave valuables where they can be see through a window - for example, around the tree at Christmas time

• If you have a wall calendar, avoid having it shown near a window from where appointments can be seen - people may see when there will be no one in.

• Use timer switches on lights and radios to make it look as if your home is occupied.

• Ensure all doors and windows are secure when you leave and when you go to bed.

• If possible use secure lighting at the front and back of your property.

• Make sure all garden tools and ladders are locked away when not being used. Don’t give the thieves the tools to break into your house.

• Use a good quality lock on any garden sheds and outhouses.

• Make a note of all makes, models and serial numbers of expensive items in your home.

• If your house is fitted with an alarm then please use it. This is a good deterrent should thieves manage to force entry to your house.

• If you note anything suspicious in your neighbourhood report it on 101.


Dear all,

As the weather changes and we fast approach another busy visitor season in Rural Stirlingshire, we wanted to provide an update on some of the work that your local officers are currently involved in. Over the coming reports we will provide updates on our plans including the restart of Operation Elms, which is our policing plan to support the influx of visitors to the area, the recently formed Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park Partnership Against Rural Crime, the Partnership Approach to Water Safety Group and the role of some of the specialist officers who will be working in your area.


‘Operation Elms’ launched on the 26th and 27th of March and will run on peak weekends where we expect to see an increase in visitor numbers through the summer period. Operation Elms is essentially our commitment to policing the rural footprint and will see additional officer being deployed in the area predominantly on weekends and bank holidays. These officers will patrol local visitor destinations / vulnerable locations as well as the extensive road network that runs through the area.

Officer working as part of Operation Elms will focus on visitor engagement, trying to ensure motorist behave in a safe and respectful manner and that road networks do not become congested as a result of dangerous or inconsiderate parking. Officers will also be involved in dealing with any reported instances of Anti-Social Behaviour which has a detrimental impact on the quality of life for many of our communities, but also the environmental and natural damage that can last long after the visitors have dispersed. Officers will also be undertaking work identified through the Partnership Against Rural Crime and the Partnership Approach to Water Safety as mentioned above.

Whilst we hope everyone has a safe visit to the area in it is inevitable some visitors will need the assistance of the emergency services and the additional officers will hopefully expedite our response to these incidents. We will continue to work closely with our partner emergency services as well as the local Mountain Rescue and Search Teams who’s volunteers tirelessly turn out to assist people in danger, and a great amount of gratitude goes to these volunteers who’s commitment is priceless.

The police remain committed to working with our partners through the National Park Safe Recovery Group that meets on a weekly basis and our officers will be deployed in conjunction with Stirling Council Enforcement Officers and the Rangers from the National Park and Forestry and Land Scotland. The work of this group over the previous years has proven invaluable in many instances and its continuation will ensure that our collective resources are being deployed effectively and in a way that means they can make meaningful contributions to keeping our residents and visitors safe.

Whilst there may be some challenging days ahead, it is hoped that this season can be a safe and prosperous one for our visitors and communities. Your local officers will continue to be available to discuss any emerging or ongoing concerns you may have, so please do not hesitate to get in touch with them or ask your community council to do this on your behalf.

All the very best Andy Bushell Inspector

Forth Valley Division - Trossachs and Teith, Forth and Endrick &

Dunblane and Bridge of Allan

South Church Street, Callander FK17

Fuel theft advice

There has been a rise in domestic and commercial fuel tanks. It’s important to put measures in place to protect your fuel tank and make it extremely difficult for thieves to target your fuel.

Please find below some tips to avoid becoming a victim of such a crime:


Locate your tank in a safe location remembering that many thieves use Google Maps to find satellite images of fuel tanks.

Consider locating your tank behind a garage or shed and away from roads. Positioning it close to your business or home will ensure it’s in clear view.

Locate inside a security gate or cage with a good quality, robust fence or cage to make life difficult for thieves.

Install an alarm Consider fitting alarms to external gates surrounding your fuel tank or to the inside of a shed or outbuilding that is housing the tank.

Fit a fuel theft lock, thieves often come armed with tools so it’s worth investing in quality locks, locking fuel caps and anti-siphoning deterrents to slow down the criminals and reduce the likelihood of success. Locks with a CEN or BSEN 12320 Grade 6 classification indicate maximum security (Grade 1 is the least secure)

Install outdoor security lighting positioning your tank in the bright light is an effective solution worth considering. With the majority of thieves striking at night, installing automatic security lighting will help stop criminals from targeting your fuel tank.

Install CCTV cameras on your premises to dissuade anyone from targeting your tank as well as catch a thief in the act, providing the police with the evidence required to bring those to justice who choose to ignore the deterrent.

Put up signage to highlight the security measures you’ve installed can help deter those up to no good. These could include: Private property, keep out, Warning CCTV in operation, All vehicles are left with minimum fuel, Security patrols in operation, All vehicles fitted with security devices etc


This time of year presents the problem of sheep worrying. It is an offence to allow a dog to worry sheep. “Worrying” includes attacking or chasing sheep and, in some circumstances, farmers are legally entitled to shoot dogs if they are endangering their sheep. It is vital that you keep your dog on the lead around livestock, even if you can usually trust it to come to call. If you live in or near a farming area, you must make sure that your dog cannot escape from your property, as it may find its way onto land containing sheep.

If a dog worries sheep on agricultural land, the person in charge of the dog is guilty of an offence. The Act considers sheep worrying to include attacking sheep, chasing them in a way that may cause injury suffering, abortion or loss of produce or being at large (not on a lead or otherwise under close control) in a field or enclosure in which there are sheep.

The Scottish Outdoor Access Code

The Scottish Outdoor Access Code (SOAC) offers guidance for people enjoying the countryside with their dogs and says: “In exercising access rights, you must keep your dog(s) under proper control. You must also ensure that your dog does not worry livestock.”

The Scottish Outdoor Access Code says ‘proper control’ means different things in different situations, but when around sheep you should:-

• Not take your dog into a field where there are lambs. Go into a neighbouring field or onto adjacent land. In open country, keep your dog on a short lead (2 metres or shorter) when there are lambs around and keep away from them.

• Keep your dog on a short lead or under close control if you need to go into a field where

there are sheep. The SOAC defines ‘under close control’ as close at heel and responsive to your commands. Stay distant from the sheep.


• Keep your dog under close control in more open country where there are sheep and stay away from them.

• The SOAC reminds dog owners that in some cases a farmer has the right to shoot a dog that is attacking their livestock.

• If you are handling a group of dogs, make sure that they do not cause alarm to livestock.

Community Engagement and Reassurance

It is important to you to have community officers who you know, who are accessible and who address local problems

PC Steven Graham is based at Balfron Police Office and can be contacted at the office, on 101, or at It is recommended that this email address is used by the local community for email contact.

Please remember that we regularly publish useful information and updates on social media, including appeals for information, updates about road closures and crime prevention advice. Our Facebook and Twitter pages can be found at

Police Report to be placed into the bus shelter


3. Planning Report –

Update on Pirniehall Development – Paul Houghton.

The formal pre- app consultation has been completed by holding two Team meetings – one in April and one in May. Paul apologised that these were done online due to current Covid regulations.

The consultation is open for feedback until 18th May but comments can still be made to Paul until the application is submitted.

No date for the submission of the application has been decided.

The consultation went well and people took part in both events. Comments were received.

The scale of development on the site, the uses proposed, and how this relates to the National Park development plan are key issues. Other important issues raised include traffic, ecology and trees.

Proposals will be updated on the website and PH is feeding back to Mr Lewis. The Architect and Mr Lewis will meet next week.


Principle access to tourist accommodation by a new separate driveway is being considered.

One of the issues that has caused most debate is what the lodge park is, and will look like, and how many units it is proposed to develop there.

Mr Lewis is considering the least amount to enable him to develop the main home. (Q later around how many this would be?)

Technical Surveys are still ongoing, principally ecology and trees. Ecologists are looking at Bat emerging studies. These are happening tonight ( Wed 11th) and tomorrow and possibly next week.

Next week Mr Lewis is having the rest of the site surveyed and he has a topographical survey where the main buildings are but is now having the survey done for the rest of the site and this will identify the trees and allow the tree consultant to complete his work and marry up the tree survey. This will allow the architect to move to the next stage to develop the illustrative plans to the next stage.

Mr Lewis will consider the reactions to the consultation events. Mr Lewis doesn’t have the date of when the planning app will be submitted but the

earliest is the beginning of June. This depends on how quickly the drawings can be finalised.

The National Park have recently been asked to screen the development to see whether it requires Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). If they decide that it does require EIA, all the ongoing studies will need to be combined into a single document called an Environmental Report. If they decide that EIA is not required, then all studies will be submitted as standalone reports with the application.

Current studies can be pulled together to become one big study. Look online for further details. Apologies that it was done on Teams but this was due to Scottish Govt guidelines. PH welcomed further comments and happy to receive them until the planning app is submitted.

Official period of consultation ends on the 18th May. Webpage will still be open.

Q- people have ideas and want to put these forward but they don’t have final plans to be able to comment on these and register these concerns.

Working to find a solution to the separate access.

Nothing will be hidden from the community. Plans will be circulated. Lots of technical work needs to be done and plans need to be updated.


MF explained that there are two angles.

Major point is that we want to save Pirnie Hall where we can but that they are concerned about the scale of things that are happening.

Q- on the scale – no areas or scales on the website. CCC will be the biggest voice and will the Park planning be interested. Existing foot 2300 sq metres equivalent to 15 detached houses. Lodge park and tree houses and lots of extras.

Suggestion of 40 self catering units – would bring 250/300 people – which is the size of the Croftamie Village (currently approx. 350). Does Mr Lewis know the village?

Hybrid application – The intention, at the moment, is for development involving Pirniehall, the stables, the area of the glasshouses and all roads to be submitted in detail, and for the remainder of the development to be submitted in principle.

Future scenario Examples- if the proposed application is approved- then could sell it to someone else. What if they then sell off the plots of visitors or residents. Park plan was advertised as a hotel or facility.

Concerns around scale of plans.

WN- from the Park is on the Planning committee. Can’t discuss specific applications. What has been discussed is the consultation and once the planning application has been submitted, there are still opportunity for individuals and the CCC to make comment.

Comment made that we need to raise our concerns on the planning application. The Consultation of the large planning application has to happen. Can now make comments but also entitled after the application is submitted to also make comment.

Q Town and country planning application is this a large application. Individuals can comment on the EIA screen request.

Q – the fact that this is a major planning application - will this change how the CCC view the applications. As the planning authority the Park are putting stipulations on the Development for tourism.

On one hand there must be commercial development and the community may feel that this is too big. This application will come before the planning committee.

The site is identified in the Local Development Plan as site Croftamie VE1 for a visitor experience. This application is seeking to make the building a home and self catering into the other part of the building. This is not what is in the Park


Plan which was for hotel or education facility. PH has to put the case together to amend this Plan.

Mr Lewis has considered the minimum number of units Q- can you share what this would be. A-Happy to look at the min number would be.

Paul said he did not know how Mr Lewis was proposing to finance the development and, therefore, could not say what the minimum level of development was that would ensure the overall development was financially viable.

Would it be unviable to restore the house without the tourism lodges? Yes Comment made 30 – 40 units must be his calculation of what is required financially.

Q-Park literature says this would be a Visitor experience- required to be of high quality – what will the site look like and will it be to the high quality. A- Consultation looked at what they would look like ie lodges and tree houses.

Environment screening assessment – based on info submitted. Speaking to SEPA and anyone else interested in the site.

Attendees encouraged to write to Council or Park whilst screening is ongoing or you can phone them. Q- ecology report was on the Park website. With a letter asking for a screening and this doesn’t mention the tree preservation order and is that correct. No planning officer yet appointed by PH has been in discussions with Caroline Strugnell.

Q- Mr Lewis intention is to live in Pirnie Hall – tree pods will be one or two nights rather than two weeks. Q-How many movements per day and has there been Highway consultation. Q who will run this business?

Staff will be needed. More vehicle movement.

Q clarification re the chalets and will they be single or double storey. Draft scheme have been moved away from the boundary. PH does not have the answer to the Q. Leisure games room and gym- other uses to the tourism are on the plan but don’t know if this will make it through to the final application

Q how many is minimum number to Warren?

He will consider how can he develop and deliver financially and then submit a final proposal

Park will then decide if that’s appropriate – and they may refuse the application and then PH and Mr Lewis can appeal to the Scottish ministers.

Q- Can you give an opinion on how many huts will be required. A- Financial plan isn’t evident.


Detailed part will be the house, stables and new build where the old houses are and parking areas and road.

In outline the area for treehouses and lodge park.

If that was successful and the Park grant it and then another application needed for the details.

A resident had had a meeting with the Planning Ombudsman.

Q –how many does he actually need. A- Mr Lewis will make this decision and its up to him.

Q how do we decide without the information? A-This is the consultation and the date is set of the 18th May.

As a community or individuals we can make comments. Comments will be taken on board. Can we register our concerns as to how this is being done.

MF summaries that we want the house saved but concern around scale of plans. Comment made that PH was not giving us detailed information.

Normally developer says I am doing this and puts in the applications.

PH-We are consulting, reacting, changing and altering. This is the purpose of a consultation.

MF summarised that we cannot comment on what we don’t know.

Comment around Dalnair but it is very different to how it was proposed. Submit feedback to PH and also to the National Park.

Q – will you suggest that he must reduce the number of units. A- Yes

Firstly the get planning in principle but in the application they don’t have the design or materials – secondly, matters specified – CCC get re-notified and the community get the opportunity to comment,

If he gets the consent for the Lodge park and then the details will allow us to comment.

PH-Application – area of land will be shown and we will propose the number of lodges and the Park can agree or disagree. Park can say X number of lodges.

We could say 20 and they can say 10.


Q have the Park backed the application. You said The planning officer is happy up to date?

Pirnie Hall and tourist accommodation and in principle could be considered by the Park.

That is a type of proposal that would be considered and therefore they have progressed with the plans.

Green light has not been given and cannot be given until the application has been submitted and consultation and neighbour notification is submitted and comments received. Q around which neighbours will be notified and A – immediate neighbours only.

MF encouraged to go online and submit. Please register concerns.

When the Application is submitted it will be advertised in the local paper also. CCC will be notified.

Comment was made that the development will impact on all local properties in the village.

RSHA Croftamie – Buchanan Crescent – CB- email from Euan re Buchanan Cres – delayed due to Covid and building materials. WN- planning permission only lasts for 3 years and not 5 any more.

4. Roads Update – DW

Notices on the council website re A81. Strathblane roadworks finish this week.

A82 – from Stoniemullen to Lomondgate 6am to 6pm this week.

Finnich Toll should detail that there is access to Dalnair. A recent sign has been added.

Sat Nav still don’t show the bridge is closed.

5. Treasurer Update – DA

Not required as full update at AGM

6. Stirling Council Update – none present


Local Board Member Elections – Ballot paper to be posted by 16.6.22. Ballot on 7th July

Thanks to WN re additional supplies for Litter Pick. Items returned as required tonight.


Reassurance that there is a strong induction process for Councillors- Gerry is already a Community Councillor in Gartmore. Paul Henke was chair of Balfron CC previously.

The administration has not been formed yet.

Park issue is that there has been lots of change and we will have a Board of 17 and there will be 6 members

- Has a planning committee. Members have a background in the system and will know how it work.

National Park Members on Board – need 10 residents to nominate you for the position. Postal Ballot.

8. Outstanding points from last meeting :

B818, Branshogle Bridge Repair - Lagan Ref: 101000689297 – response sent to Ex Councilor R. Davies from Maria Lucey

Thank you for your enquiry.


I am sorry for the delays caused by the complexity of this project. I appreciate the frustration and anger felt and that lack of communication on our part has played a significant part in these frustrations.


I can confirm that the project is not being mismanaged and that every effort is being made to progress onsite works as swiftly as possible.


Extensive site supervision has taken place since the projects start on site. This supervision has been in the form of a chartered engineer from our appointed structural consultants, attending site daily. This role has been shared across two individuals from the organisation. Both the individuals who share this role have extensive experience both in terms of academic qualifications and previous relevant on site supervisory experience. Site diaries and photographs are returned from these supervisors. We maintain regular contact with the site supervision resource, generally there is nearly always some form of daily contact. Weekly meetings with the Contractor and Sub-contractor also take place. For approximately half the week the main site supervisor is the Director from the main sub-contractor. A named site supervisor is on site the remainder of the week from the contractors side. Management of this NEC contract is being thoroughly applied from the Council’s perspective. Involvement from Legal, Procurement and the Health and Safety team is also taking place as and when required. Contractor issues are being dealt with via the application of clauses set out within the contract.


This is a complex project that poses many practical challenges, although we appreciate that this may not be self-evident from the public’s perspective. Ground conditions have posed challenging for the contractor and it has proven challenging to work safely within the constraints of the site given the large height difference between road level and river bed. Working in this salmonid significant river has also posed challenging with no temporary or permanent works allowed to take

place within the water or at the water’s edge. Unstable ground, including soft ground and voids have also been identified behind the North East wingwall, which has required further investigation and redesign. We are currently working with the contractor to update the programme following a portion of redesign work which the contractor has undertaken on their temporary works (to retain soil), as well as a portion of redesign works which our consultant is currently completing in relation to the North East wingwall.


We appreciate the hardship that this ongoing closure is placing on all local businesses. We are working with our contractor to open the bridge to one way traffic as quickly as practicably possible. The urgency around this reopening and the high profile nature of this project has been made abundantly aware to the contractor on a weekly basis since the commencement of the works. It is in all of our interests to ensure that this project is concluded as swiftly as possible.


We commit to sharing programme timelines with all interested parties once an agreed final programme has been provided to us.


Catterburn Bridge update – MS & CH


Catterburn Update:

Design work associated with Catterburn Bridge is now complete and the tender has been published. Evaluation of returned tenders is scheduled to take place at the end of May. During the course of the tender period we have had a number of tender queries from interested contractors however we have no certainty as to how many contractors will bid on the works. Returned bids will be assessed from both a quality and cost perspective. Project award is expected to take place in mid- June


We are continuing to work closely with utility providers, Nature Scot, Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park and SEPA to ensure onsite works can commence as swiftly as possible once a contractor is secured.


We are still engaging with SGN who advised that they are treating the site as urgent and still intend to divert their main over ground ASAP.


Update that the contractors will be appointed after the Tenders due back next Thurs. Council may extend the period for tenders for 6 days.

Tender assessment process – decision to be made by early June. Q was given around Quality and Price and contractor can suggest this.

Q has been raised as to where will the materials and machinery will be stored as the School bus has to turn in the whole road in Cattermills.

Scottish Gas want to main their pipe to centre the bridge Electricity want to hang the pipe off the bridge.

Both need to be done before the main work can be started. Fibre cables will be supported during the works as the cost to divert is too much.

Council don’t expect this bridge to open this Calendar year. Concern raised re cost implications on residents on their travel costs and the local businesses.

Council have provided info but they seem to not have enough staff to support 90 bridges in Stirling Council.

A walkway was requested again to be able to park on the other side but the answer is still no.

Participation Request – 20-21-002 Pavements & 20.2.003 Speeding Update- these were agreed and update has been received:

Road Safety

The original decision notice for the Road Safety element of the participation request asked us to look at a number of items.

1. Excessive speeding in the village and reduce danger of crossing the road within the village.

It was agreed that SC would carry out traffic surveys when the road closure at Catterburn Bridge was lifted. The road is still closed so no surveys have yet been undertaken. However, funding has been made available so that this work can be carried out as soon as the closure is lifted.

2. Reduced speed limit to 20 mph to replace the current 30 and 40 mph sections.

It was agreed that SC would look to implement a 20mph limit within the village. Funding for this was not available in the 2021/22 but a budget for this work has been made available within this financial year and the work is in our work programme. The CC will be sent the traffic order consultation for comment when it is ready to be advertised.


3. Priority for traffic leaving the village at the temporary restrictions at the Cattermills Bridge (A809)

This is being considered as part of the bridge replacement project but no decision has been made at this time.

4. Installation of controlled pedestrian crossings (PELICAN) on the A809 at the John Muir Way, near to Cattermills and at Croftamie Nursery

The sight lines at this location mean that a controlled crossing is not suitable at this location. However, we have agreed to improve the signs on approach to improve visibility of the crossing in this year’s budget. We will also be looking at provision of dropped kerbs at other locations to improve conditions for pedestrians.

5. Rumble strips at both ends of the village (A809) – This was not discussed at the site visit but I have asked the officer leading on this project to consider whether ‘rumble strips’ or other advance warning of reduced speed limits would be appropriate.

6. Installation of speed activated warning signs at both ends of the village - This was not discussed at the site visit but I have asked the officer leading on this project to consider whether speed activated signs or other advance warning of reduced speed limits would be appropriate.

7. Speed cushions / speed bumps throughout the village – Given the prevailing road conditions (proximity of properties to the road and the fact that this is an ‘A’ class road with a significant number of HGV vehicles) this is not being progressed.

  • Improved safety for all, especially pedestrians and those using the John Muir Way – addressed through action 4
  • Improved access throughout the village for pedestrians – addressed through actions 1-6
  • Improved health and wellbeing – addressed through actions 1-6
  • Improved visitor and resident experience within the village – addressed through actions 1-6

Once the road reopens at Catterburn Bridge we will also continue to monitor traffic and road safety data and take any further action to ensure that the road is working safely and effectively.


Unfortunately, the Roads Maintenance team leader who attended the site visit with Margaret has now left the Council. However, the Senior Roads Officer did provide me with this update last week.

‘No update as yet. I am looking to get more quotes for the vegetation scrape back and repairing the whin dust section of footway. As previously stated Elaine did not


discuss any works that she agreed on site and therefore no carriageway improvement works have been put forward from the Capital budget.

As the footways will not be getting any upgrade works that involve excavation etc Roads Maintenance will not drop the kerbs, unfortunately we only improve junctions if we have footway schemes at these locations.’

Stirling Council update was: I hope this is satisfactory for your purposes and advise this enquiry has now been closed. MF replied that no, the requests were not to be closed and that we wanted them to remain open. Perhaps the new Councilors progress this for us.

New Community Councillor – position available.

Per previous request for another Community Councillor, MF indicated that if there was anyone interested the process can be started. Alison Peterson indicated that she wishes to join the council so MF will arrange for Alison’s Co- option onto CCC.

9. Correspondence Received

· Receipt of Insurance Cover & Liability Cover

· Non Domestic Rate Exemption

· New Elected Councilor’s to Stirling Council:

Gerry McGarvey – Scottish Labour, Paul Henke – Scottish Conservative & Unionist, ( MF is meeting with him on Saturday, Rosemary Fraser – SNP. – not available this week. New beginnings! Thanks to Rob Davies for his past service to CCC

10. Any Other BusinessLitter pick – 7.5.22 thanks to those who came along. Needs to be in April next year before the grass has grown. Community Hut – requires some TLC - Volunteers? DW said he would assist. It was decided that the paid for Zoom account should be cancelled for now as we are meeting in person.

Covid items- Left over items bought during Covid such as masks, anti- Bac and gloves were shared amongst the attendees.


Our Webpage required updating – still looking for a volunteer.

Minute taker - Lynn is to continue as Minute taker.

Misc discussion around how do we formally as a CCC respond to Planning re Pirnie Hall and when appropriate and how.

Planning officer is expecting a response from the CCC.

Comments made that the detail is unknown and that it is a hybrid application. Suggestion that Consultation process is extended until plans are detailed as Development is larger than first outlined. PH is looking to do right by his client. MF advised that we should submit our concerns to the Park and also to PH.

Alison to compile a letter and circulate to the Councillors by Monday.

Any opinions can be on behalf of a community or a resident. Comment made around Sewage treatment plant SEPA rules and that you cannot put away into the watercourse/water supply.

WN thanked MF kept it going when Peter Lloyd left.

Confirmation of next Meeting – Wednesday 8.06.2022 at 7.30 pm Venue But and Ben



Meeting concluded at 9.26pm.