Download or view in pdf format
POLMAISE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
16TH MAY 2022 @7PM – ALPHA CENTRE
1. RECORDING OF THOSE PRESENT AND APOLOGIES RECEIVED.
Billy Bruce – Chair Karen Perrie – Treasurer David Perrie
A MacPherson – Councilor
Gayle Jeffery Kevin Jack Alex Fraser Karen Graham Tina Fraser
2. RECORDING OF DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST- None
3. ADOPTION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES – 19TH APRIL 2022
Billy Bruce proposed Karen Perrie seconded.
4. MATTERS ARISING AND ENQUIRIES UPDATE
- Bruce Drive car park (Billy)- ongoing
- Walkie/Polmaise subsidence (Billy) ongoing
- Defibs update (Dave) no response from Tesco awaiting permission from the library
- Residents parking on grass verges (Billy) awaiting an update from the Housing dep
- Fly tipping (Billy) Council looking into this
- MUGA lighting (Billy) investigation ongoing to find fault
- Dog bin, Polmaise, plastic bin opposite walkie (Billy) ongoing with council
- Painting of railings on square (Billy) council has on to-do list
- Painting of substation (Billy) awaiting permission from Scottish Power
- Wildflower seeds (Billy) being distributed
- Layby at the square -ongoing
- Shortcut Stirling Rd to King Street – have asked the council to repair/resurface
- Speeding in King Street – request for speed restrictions
- Hillview – request in to paint railings and replace signage
5. REPORTS (EXTERNAL)
- POLICE SCOTLAND
- ELECTED MEMBER – A MACPHERSON
- Arranging for Coalfields Regeneration rep to attend a meeting for funding
- Looking into repairs on the alpha roof
- Contacting Stuart McNiven lighting dept regarding lamp post-structural survey
6. COMMUNITY COUNCIL BUSINESS N/A
7. REPORTS (INTERNAL)
SUBGROUPS- MINERS MUSEUM – no update
CAMPAIGN- Litter Pick, is no longer being done by the school.
Community day is being arranged instead, a large skip is being hired for the agreed date.
Events- Xmas lights, £12000 required, funding being arranged including bingo/race nights etc.
Summer days proposed for July 24th and August 7th
capital spend is nearly finished, a few benches are still to come, a notice board is still to come and waiting on Scottish power for zebra crossing lights.
- SECRETARY No update
Money in £1387.00 for litter pick Money out £40.00 for April’s minutes New total £2959.61
Community gifts and food fund Total £674.32
- PLANNING No update
8. AOB N/A