Oct 2021 Minutes

Fintry Community Council Minutes of the meeting held on 13th October 2021


(Menzies Hall, Fintry)

· Present/apologies for absence:





Fintry Community Council Reps

Michele Bennett (MB - Acting Chair) Sue Wallace (SW-Treasurer) Natalie Russell (NR)

Stirling Council

Councillor Rob Davis

Members of Public




PC Steven Graham


FCC – Ian Rodgers FCC – Hendy Spence


FCC - Meg Duckworth


It was announced that at the end of the last Community Council meeting that Community Councillors stayed on to discuss the continued disruptive behaviour and Comments of a member of public at meetings and therefore it was voted on and agreed that a member of the public would not be allowed to attend future meetings. Correspondence has been sent to the induvial concerned advising them of the situation.

· Declaration of interest in any items of business

SW – Planning

· Approval of Minutes of last meeting:



· Stirling Councillor’s report


There was a Council meeting last Thursday. Two main points came from it;

1. In person meetings will now resume for all Community Councils. At the full Council meeting on the 7th October, it was noted that no further resources would be required, however this was queried due to lack of internet and resources. By asking the Community Councils what they would like to see in the future as far as how the meetings are held i.e., face to face, online or hybrid it was noted that there would need to be a number a items required to fulfil this option. A member of the public has agreed to provide a list of all that would be needed

for Councillor Davis.

2. Bridges – Catterburn bridge Croftamie has now closed. It was noted that businesses and services are being severally affected. There will be a full Council meeting on Thursday 21st October to release funds for repair of both bridges (Catterburn & Branshogle)

RD raised the need for inspections and proactive work needs to be carried out to maintain the other bridges.

MB asked for assurance that the repairs to Branshogle bridge would not be delayed due to the Catterburn bridge closure. RD was hopeful that both were on different timescales.

It was also noted that the road at Fintry Cross has now been patched and that speed bumps for Kippen Road have been requested.

MB asked a question regarding the sandbag policy and the distribution of sand bags at the moment they have to be collected from Callander and MB asked if they could be placed at Balfron Skip Depot for easier collection, MB asked Councillor Davis to raise this with the Council on our behalf.

MB Stated that she is trying to get a meeting with the DRT Team to discuss the direct response transport issues that the village has and asked that Councillor Davis arrange this meeting. The service bus was removed and the DRT was put in place the Council are failing to provide adequate service. RD said he would ask that Croftamie Council attend the meeting also as they also have a number of issues.

Forth and Endrick, Fintry Community Council

Police Report - report submitted Community

Council :

October 2021 - Compiled by PC Steven Graham

Reporting Period :


Antisocial Behaviour –

Ward Plan Priorities


Text Box: There have been no reports of anti-social behaviour in Fintry since the last meeting.

Road Safety

There were no reportable RTCs in the Fintry area since the last meeting.


There have been no thefts in the Fintry area since the last meeting.

Fuel theft campaign

A recent campaign was initiated by Police Scotland with regards to theft of fuel. Please see below in relation to security.

https://ukifda.org/consumers/oil-tank-security/ Prevention Products to consider
The Oil Defender by Fuel Alarms Ltd – with SBD Accreditation (securedbydesign.com)

Watchman Alarm | Oil Tank Alarm | Kingspan | Great Britain

  Text Box: Bogus Workmen

Recently, in Balfron a male was victim of a bogus workmen type scam whereby males offered to tar his driveway. Please see below advice.

Don’t deal with cold callers - find local traders who have been vetted by Trading Standards at https://approvedtrader.scot/

Close the door on uninvited callers.

Don’t feel obliged to answer the door to a cold caller - it is your home and you should not let anyone in unless you feel comfortable

Take time to think before making a decision. Rogue traders may try to pressure you by saying that they have special deals which are only available today. Don’t let an uninvited trader start work straight away

If an uninvited trader knocks on your door and tells you that urgent work needs done on your house or garden, don’t take their word for it. Always get a second opinion from someone you trust and get at least 3 quotes before having any work carried out.


Text Box: 5 signposts to help you

Close the Door on uninvited callers
Take Time to think before making a decision Research - get at least 3 quotes
Verify that the caller is genuine
Report suspicious behaviour to @policescotland & scams to @advicedotscot

Sign up for @nwatchscotland free alerts to receive timely local alerts about community safety & crime prevention from Police Scotland and other partners.


Rogue traders go to great lengths to appear legitimate, with genuine-looking websites, leaflets and online reviews. But they can’t fake membership in a council run approved trader scheme: https://approvedtrader.scot/

Fed up with rogue traders? Watch these top tips on shutting out scammers from @ policescotland @advicedotscot @socotss @tsscot & @nwatchscotland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ivvS8gJ-E


  Text Box: Community Engagement and Reassurance

It is important to you to have community officers who you know, who are accessible and who address local problems.

PC Steven Graham is based at Balfron Police Office and can be contacted at the office, on 101, or at ForthEndrickCPT@scotland.pnn.police.uk. It is recommended that this email address is used by the local community for email contact.

Please remember that we regularly publish useful information and updates on social media, including appeals for information, updates about road closures and crime prevention advice. Our Facebook and Twitter pages can be found at

www.facebook.com/forthvalleypolicedivision www.facebook.com/policescotland

www.twitter.com/stirlingpol www.twitter.com/policescotland






Treasurer’s Report October 2021



  • General Fund Account

The current balance in this account is £4,755.29. We have received £228 from Stirling Council for this year.

· Foundation Fund

The foundation fund balance to date is £42,756.14.

Kingsburn Fund Spending Summary



Foundation Scotland Budget





Commissioned Service

Community Transport Scheme




Commisioned Activity

Continued Path Maintance




Commisioned Activity

Maintance of resilience fund assets




Fintry Special Project

Community Garden & Resilience Fund




Fintry Special Project

Menzies Hall Resilience Hub




Fintry Special Project

COVID-19 Hardship and Resilience Fund




Fintry Special Project

Prescription Collection service




Fintry Special Project

Donation to new play equipment




Micro Grants-A

Individual Grants £250-500




Micro Grants-B

Individual Grants £250-500




Main Grants

Constituted Groups £500-2500




Student Study Grant

Student Study Grant




Administration Fee

FCC Admin work





Post code lottery grant













Student study grant application was approved the applicant will be contacted directly.

The Kingsburn MOU has been approved and signed by Foundation Scotland a copy will be available on our website.

With the assistance of Foundation Scotland, we will develop a Safe Guarding and Complaints Procedure which will cover any new grant proposals.


Resilience Update


· Prescription Uplift will continue

· Obtaining prices for wood additional planters and greenhouse for the community garden.

· Community Garden – Next summer produce will be grown for members of the community.

· Launch of Good Food Community Fund is open again. Grant application ongoing.

  • Additional sandbags have been requested from Stirling Council.

· Ryan (Flooding Officer) is looking to move the flooding cameras on Kippen Road to get a better picture of the area, a meeting is being arranged to discuss.

  • Meeting being arranged with Traffic Management regarding the exact location of the flood warning signs.

· Japanese Knotweed will be removed. Loch Lomond Fisheries Trust have identified site and will be removed this week, day has not been confirmed.



· Formation of new vehicular access and erection of timber shed and poly tunnel at Old Police House, 12 Main Street.

  • Formation of dormer at Knockraich Farm, Fintry.

· Erection of 2 dwelling houses, access and associated infrastructure, East of Cashel House.

Roads/paths (MB)


· Branshogle Bridge & Catterburn Bridge: There is to be a special committee meeting on the 21st of October regarding the release of monies for works to both bridges.

· Traffic Management: Speed activation signs to be installed at Main Street and bottom of Kippen Road. Tender documents were returned on the 8th of October and will be approved this week. There is currently a 12-week delivery time for these items.

· Additional 20mph signs and road markings will installed over the next few weeks

· PC Steven Graham stated more speed patrols will be carried out. A member of the public asked about lorries speeding in the area, it was confirmed that no lorries had been caught speeding during the patrols to date.

· Confirmation was requested that replacement surfacing for B822 Kippen Road to Caravan Park that was scheduled for this year and put on hold due to the Branshogle works will be included in next year’s works. These works are being treated as a priority for next year.

· Cicely’s Way still ongoing, Angela Simpson has left the job. We are still waiting to hear who her replacement will be.


· Lade path – It has been noted that more Rhododendrons need cutting back and more maintenance work is required to the path TCV are interested in doing a community project also working with Froglife on Craigton Pond. The pond is in need of some attention we need to seek permission from the owner. We would like to see the primary school involved this project this was agreed and will be taken forward. Please note this is at very early stage.

Community Council Hybrid Meetings


· As previously mentioned, a meeting was held by Stirling Council and the removal of all temporary amendments was approved.

· There are three choices on how to hold Community Council meetings, these are face to face, online or hybrid.

· There was suggestion that Council managed buildings would be helped with installation of equipment and IT support.

· It was noted that Fintry Community Council have a member that is not comfortable using IT.

· Sam Cannon will detail what is needed for the hall to host hybrid meetings and come back to the Community Council.

· RD noted that he thought a hybrid format would be the best of both worlds to have it held this way.

Playpark Update


· A meeting was held on Friday of last week with Stirling Council to discuss the playpark plans and due to amendments and additions to the plans it will unfortunately be another couple of weeks before the plans will be ready to go out to parents etc

· The slide has now been condemned and will be removed shortly quotes are being requested for replacement.

Fintry Tourism and Community Action Plan Update


· Fintry Tourism: There will be a meeting held on the 4th November as a brain storming session with various groups in the community.

· Community Action Plan: A survey will be sent to all residents within the next few weeks.

· FDT asked for a couple of questions to be included in the Action Plan survey. 11 questions in total were put forward. This will be discussed and a decision will be made.

· Councillor Davis raised the issue of Culcreuch Castle advised he would be writing to the Minister for Trade, Tourism and Enterprise to raise the village concerns.


Correspondence (MB)


· Transport Grant Application received and approved.

· The Community Council received letters from members of the public who raised concerns of an individual’s behaviour at our last meeting. The individual has been asked not to attend any further Community Council meetings.

· Received correspondence re in the installation of 20mph speed activation signs, will respond as discussed earlier in meeting.

· Received correspondence regarding Branshogle bridge closure and when the works will be completed. Update on the latest information has been given.

· Received from a member of the public an inquiry regarding the Balfron High School after school bus regarding the new government initiative for free transport for children. Advised that this would be covered by the new scheme.

· Received correspondence regarding the parking situation when the rugby is on. Have spoken to the rugby club who advised that on the weekend concerned, they had not expected such a high turnout .



· Christmas lights – agreement was made that the Christmas lights would be switched on 1st December – 7th January MB will arrange insurance. MB will also speak to the hall committee re electrical supply from the hall

· Sports Hub meeting due to unforeseen circumstances the Community Council could not attend, have circulated the minutes to everyone.

· Support In Mind Scotland rural connections Insight into Mental Health. NR will be taking this forward.

· Community Council will be advertising a vacancy closing date of the 1st of November 2021.

· Since IR was absent there was no update from the FDT meeting.

· Replacement Street Lighting Kippen road a member of the public asked if we would get a choice on what type of lighting that would be installed. The Community Council advised they would speak to Stirling Council.

Date of next meeting


  • 10th November 2021