October 2021 Minutes

Gartmore Community Council
Minutes of Meeting
Wednesday, 6 October 2021
Zoom Meeting
Present: Janet Billet (Chair), Wayne Glasse-Davies, Ian Dinwoodie, Katie Goldie
Apologies: Gerry McGarvey, Colin Scrimgeour, Michelle Flynn (Stirling Council)
In attendance: Willie Nisbet (LLTNP)
Press: No members of the press were present at meeting
Residents: Joy Henderson
1. Declarations of Interest- No declarations
2. Adoption of previous meeting minutes- Minutes agreed by the members
Proposer – Wayne Glasse-Davies
Seconder – Katie Goldie
3. Matters Arising
No matters arising
4. Reports- External

Police Scotland
Report provided from

Antisocial Behaviour – Police have been contacted regarding the dirt bikes
within the Loch Ard Forest. Checks have been carried out throughout the forest
between Aberfoyle and Gartmore and they did not find any trace of bikes.

Road Safety – An incident occurred on 05/09/2021 a driver was involved in a
collision when their vehicle came off the road into a field on A81 near Trossachs
Holiday Park.

During the reported period local officers and road policing officers have been
carrying out patrols in relation to antisocial behaviour involving cars and
motorbikes.
Theft – Nothing to report.

Lone Officer Verification Checks – Information was provided on this which
Janet will share with Community Council and will share on GCC social media
pages.

If there are any issues to discuss, please contact Callander Police Office on 101
or email TrossachsTeithCPT@scotland.pnn.police.uk
In the previous meeting the issue of the noise and speed of motorbikes in the area
was raised. It seems that there is nothing that can be done about this without a
speed limit in the area of the Gartmore House bends. It was noted that there are
particular requirements and specifications for areas of road to be granted a specific
speed limit.
Janet will speak to Police Scotland
Planning:
Nothing new to report.
Erection of Dwelling at Gilbert Park - Appeal – Local Review Body will be held
on 25 October to decide the outcome of this appeal. It is open to the public but
there is no opportunity for anyone to make representation or presentations.
5. Reports- Internal Sub Groups
Community Trust:
Brian Patterson has offered to reduce the hedge between the Village Hall and the
pub and this has been agreed. A quote will also be provided for additional fencing
that may be required.
Grant funding has been received for pruning the Monkey Puzzle Tree, work should
be carried out in due course.
A local resident had raised concerns regarding the playpark. These concerns have
been addressed and maintenance has been carried out including BT raising their
wire to give better clearance of the zip-line.
Hall usage is continuing to increase.
National Park signposting – liaising between John Pitts (former Community Trust
member) and National Park to upgrade the triangular information posts is still
ongoing.
6. Community Council Business – Treasurer’s Report
Notification has been received that 2021/22 Community Council Administration
Grant and Minute Taker Funding will be £465.64. This should be paid into the
account by Stirling Council by 8 October.
The current balance of Gartmore Community Council account is £568.24, down
from the previous balance of £608.24 reported in June. Community Council