June 2021 Minutes

MINUTE OF MEETING OF KINGS PARK COMMUNITY COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY, 07 JUNE 2021 AT 7.30PM

ONLINE

 

Present: Stewart Small (Chair), Jen McNiven (Secretary), Gordon Campbell
(Treasurer), Niall Hamilton Smith, Gary Bell, Bill Ruddell

 

Apologies: Vicky Mason

 

In Attendance: Kevin Argue and Kayleigh Webster (Walk Cycle Live Stirling), Wilma
Comrie from Stirling Council, Craig Wilkie owner of the Pavilion,
Stirling Council and Lauren Grant (minutes).

 

  1. Welcome and Apologies

     

    The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting. Apologies were as noted above.

     

  2. Minutes of the previous meeting held on 10 May 2021.

    The Minutes with some minor amendments were approved as an accurate record:
    Proposed Jen McNiven

    Seconded Gordon Campbell

     

  3. Police Report

     

    No officer present at the meeting. Written report submitted and circulated to members prior
    to meeting.

     

    Noted that there is no note of the issues that the Community Council have had reported by
    Craig Wilkie, the owner of the Pavilion and the Friends of Kings Park.

     

  4. Walk Cycle Live Stirling

     

    Kevin and Kayleigh provided an informative report on the proposals in connection with Walk
    Cycle Live Stirling and active travel to and through Stirling.

     

  5. Matters Arising

     

  6. Queens Road/Victoria Place/Clarendon Place Road Surfaces

     

  7. Chairman’s Report

     

    Nothing to report.

     

  8. Secretary’s Report

     

    Nothing to report. All correspondence has been circulated to members.

     

    Kings Park Community Council 1

  9. Treasurer’s Report

     

    Nothing to report.

     

  10. Councillor’s Report

     

    No Councillor present at meeting.

     

  11. Kings Park and Antisocial Behaviour

     

    Craig Wilkie in attendance at the meeting to highlight ongoing concerns in relation to what
    appears to be underage drinking and the apparent lack of action by the local police despite
    residents making numerous reports.

     

    Members in agreement that there should be a multi agency meeting in respect of how to
    tackle this issue. This meeting should include representation from Criminal Justice & Social
    Work as well as the Council’s Youth Team Officers and senior members of Police.

     

  12. Planning

     

    Nothing to report.

     

  13. KPCC Communications

     

    Members agreeing to post some leaflets locally advertising the vacancies on the Community
    Council, summarising what the Community Council have done over the past year as well as
    what the Community Council want to get involved in.

     

  14. Bill’s retirement as Chair

     

    Members all noting their appreciation for Bill’s leadership and dedication to the role over the
    last 8 years, and are grateful he continues to contribute to the group going forward.

     

  15. AOCB

     

    Wilma noting that she will feedback to the Council that the Community Council wish to make
    a Place Making application.

     

  16. Date of next meeting will be 06 September 2021.

 

THE MEETING CLOSED AT 21:50

 

Kings Park Community Council 2