PORT OF MENTEITH COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of the Inaugural Meeting of the new Port of Menteith Community Council held in the Port Hall at 7.00pm on Monday, 26th June, 2023.
Present : Jean Cowie, External Funding Officer, Community Development Team Robin Armstrong Claire Outterside Alastair Orr Ewing Jim Riach Becky Saunders Peter Stewart
Valerie Graham, Minutes Secretary
1. Welcome & Apologies Jean Cowie welcomed those present to the Inaugural meeting. There were no apologies for absence.
2. Community Council Induction The process of Induction of new members was explained.
3. Appointment of Office Bearers
3.1 Appointment of Chair The appointment of Jim Riach as Chair was proposed by Peter Stewart and seconded by Claire Outterside;
3.2 Appointment of Vice-Chair The appointment of Peter Stewart as Vice-Chair was proposed by Jim Riach and seconded by Alastair Orr Ewing;
3.3 Appointment of Secretary The appointment of Becky Saunders as Secretary was proposed by Claire Outterside and seconded by Jim Riach;
3.4 Appointment of Treasurer The appointment of Claire Outterside was proposed by Peter Stewart and seconded by Becky Saunders;
3.5 Proposal of Planning & Licensing Correspondent Alastair Orr Ewing was proposed as Planning & Licensing Correspondent by Peter Stewart and seconded by Robin Armstrong.
4. Signing of the Constitution & Standing Orders Members individually signed the copies of the Constitution and Standing orders.
5. Meeting Calendar Members noted the schedule of meetings for the remainder of the year.
6. Useful Links Members noted links to the following: - the Scheme of Establishment - the Member Booklet - the Area Profile - the Community Council Enquiry Process
7. Document Hand Over & Brief Explanation Jean Cowie provided the following documents with a brief explanation: - Inaugural Additional Notes - Administration Grant - Community Council Enquiry
8. Hand Over to elected Chair Person The meeting was then handed over to Jim Riach.