RAPLOCH COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTE OF MEETING
Monday 7th August 2023
Raploch Community Campus (Meeting Room 1 upstairs)
PRESENT – J Haslam Chair (JH) S Currie Vice Chair & Treasurer (SC) A Connal Secretary (AC)
R Robertson (RR) Isabella Lowe (IL) L Kettrick (LK) D Totten (DT) H Makhatholela (HM)
G Slade (GS)
APOLOGIES – B Hughes (BH) M McKinley (MM)
1. WELCOME & CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
JH welcomed and thanked everyone for coming along for the first meeting of the newly formed Raploch Community Council.
No conflicts of interest.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTE
No Minute from Inaugural Meeting
3. CO-OPTION OF NEW MEMBERS
JH explained the co-opt application process to GS and GS is happy to go ahead with this process. JH stated that we could have 10 Community Councillors; AC mentioned that GS joining would take us up to 11. JH will check with Stephen Bly to see if we are able to have more than 10 Community Councillors. This will be checked and followed up before next meeting. GS will fill in paperwork needed in the meantime.
4. PLANNING UPDATE
No official planning updates for the area, speculation that the former Betfred premises on Drip Road will become an Indian take away, awaiting confirmation on this.
SC gave an update on McFarlane’s Pharmacy that is hoping to open at 48 Drip Road. The consultation ended at end of March, SC chased up the outcome of this, and there was a further meeting today but no outcome yet. The owner of Cambusbarron Pharmacy has put in an objection to this opening. Sarah McFarlane believes that even with this objection her proposal is strong enough to open a pharmacy in Raploch. Sarah hopes to hear the outcome from the health board within the next few weeks.
5. COMMUNICATIONS UPDATE
Raploch Community Council (RCC) have social media updated with a new Facebook Page (just search Raploch Community Council) and Twitter/X page @Raploch_CC
RCC email is email@example.com
There is also a Community Council information section on the Stirling Council website.
JH spoke about funding being available to set up a Community Council Website and to make a Community Newsletter. All agreed these would be worth looking into and taking forward.
6. TREASURER UPDATE
SC stated that no paperwork or documents have been handed over as yet from the previous treasurer (MM) SC is still in the process of attaining these documents and paperwork needed to move forward. SC has printed the paperwork from the bank to change over the signatories from the previous CC to allow access for online banking. Two new signatories will be added when previous names are removed. SC hopes to be able to update further at next meeting.
7. CORRESPONDENCE UPDATE
No correspondence update at this time.
8. POLICE REPORT
No police report at this time as the Police are going through transitions.
An officer will attend future CC meetings or will send on a police report to read out if unavailable to attend in person.
- Local Elected members will attend CC meetings after the summer break.
- Fire Brigade will be informed of CC dates if they wish to attend.
- RR reported vandalism in school gardens SC will follow this up with FES at Campus Providers meeting.
- UCI World Cycling Championships 9th – 11th August, supporter area at City Park.
- Waste Services strike action 10th – 13th August, Recycling centres also closed.
- Pauline Roberts - Senior Community Development Officer, Stirling Council will attend September meeting.
- City Region Deal, Regional Energy Masterplan – Team will present at September meeting to discuss making homes more energy efficient, document will be emailed to cc members and can be printed on request.
- Check if RCC can put minutes etc. in the notice board at front of campus. AC will check this.
- AC will email local churches to put future RCC dates in their newsletters.
- LK mentioned there is a notice board in Craighall Street/Raploch Road area that could possibly be used to advertise CC meetings etc. AC will enquire with Stirling Council.
- AC will contact local Schools/Nursery to provide a quarterly report.
- Funding will be available for training and community engagement – JH will follow up with this.
- RR and IL will attend Raploch War Memorial Meeting on 21st September and report back to CC at October meeting to see how RCC can support this.
- Discussed change of meeting space and date of meetings to Inspiring Communities Hub on the 1st Wednesday of the month. No objections to this. Have put notice to Stephen Bly, will inform if not suitable.
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 6th September 2023, 6.30pm in Inspiring Communities Hub (TBC)
JH thanked everyone for coming along and closed the meeting at 19.15
|Total member numbers
|Check with Stephen Bly total number of CC members allowed
|Awaiting outcome from Sarah McFarlane
|CC Website and Community Newsletter
|Apply for funding and arrange planning sessions.
|Request from previous Treasurer, needed for accounts
|Vandalism in school gardens
|Check with FES at Campus Providers Meeting
|See if CC have access to them
|Awaiting dates from Stirling Council
|Report from local schools
|Ask schools if they would like to provide any updates quarterly
|CC dates into church newsletters
|Email local churches to request advertising CC meetings
|Raploch War Memorial
|CC members to attend to offer CC support and feedback any information
|RR & IL