RAPLOCH COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTE OF MEETING
Wednesday 6th September 2023
Raploch Community Campus (Inspiring Communities Hub)
PRESENT – J Haslam Chair (JH) S Currie Vice Chair & Treasurer (SC) A Connal Secretary (AC) R Robertson (RR) Isabella Lowe (IL) L Kettrick (LK) B Hughes (BH) M McKinley (MM) G Slade (GS) D Gibson - Elected Member (DG) P Roberts - Stirling Council Community Engagement
(PR) Z Brown (ZB) T Brown (TB) N Sherry (NS) K Knight (KK) Y Pinto - Big Noise (YP) A Henderson (AH)
J Brennon (JB) M Boon (MB) R Haney (RH) J Fisher - Police Scotland (JF) J Capes - Police Scotland (JC)
APOLOGIES – H Makhatholela (HM) D Totten (DT)
1. WELCOME & CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
JH welcomed and thanked everyone for coming along to the Raploch Community Council meeting.
No conflicts of interest.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes approved by JH and seconded by SC
3. PAULINE ROBERTS - COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Introduced herself and let everyone know her role with Community Councils and how she can support the Community Council. There will always be a member from her team at meetings.
4. CHAIR’S UPDATE
JH updated on Community Newsletter, Stirling Printworks quoted £570 for 8 page A4 double sided booklet, this was the cheapest quote for 2000 booklets. This will be quarterly.
All Raploch community groups would get a free advert and businesses will be asked if they would like to purchase a £70 advert. Two have agreed to so far - Dance Connections and MMV Nails. Awaiting confirmation from other local businesses.
PR informed of Community Pride Grant, which community councils can apply for to get the initial set up for the first couple of issues up to £1500.
IL asked how these would be distributed. JH said that a volunteer delivery group would be set up and that BH had offered for Scouts and Cubs members to distribute also. Will also look for community support to deliver.
PR said to look on the Stirling Council website to see a list of other community newspapers and have a chat with those groups for advice too.
JH and SC attended an online Wallace Forum Meeting about The Big Conversation and community priorities. Online consultation ongoing.
PR offered a Community Council Big Conversation session.
DG gave an example of budget timelines.
5. POLICE REPORT
JC and JF introduced themselves and updated on last 30 days
14 undetected crime reports
7 detected crime reports
152 calls to Police (These can include duplicate calls for same incident)
They asked the community to please report any incidents especially with drugs either to Police or to Crimestoppers.
ZB stated that there is an ongoing crime problem in Raploch with two youths. JC said Police are aware.
DG informed of CCTV presence with cameras and mobile vans and antisocial behaviour team.
BH informed a new member of staff starting soon at St Marks - Community Outreach Worker, would run a Sunday evening youth group for S1 upwards, Police will visit.
6. COUNCILLOR DANNY GIBSON
Welcomed new community councillors and introduced himself as the Labour Councillor. DG said he is one of 4 local councillors from Stirling North Ward who will take it in turn to attend Community Council meetings; the others are Rachael Nunn for Conservative, Jim Thompson and Susan McGill for SNP.
All Councillors can be contacted with any issues.
JH asked who to contact directly with any issues. DG said it can be sent to any of the councillors and someone will reply.
DG informed of community issues he has been involved in for example road crossings.
DG spoke of the housing crisis.
JH offered to invite the Housing team to come to a future meeting to discuss local housing issues.
7. CORRESPONDENCE AND COMMUNICATIONS UPDATE
- Plus - Plus are looking at Family Hub in Cornton as this has become available and in
“move in” condition. They have previously shown interest in Ochil Centre and are
still interested however, priority is with Cornton. BH stated that Scouts are also
interested in Ochil Centre.
- Parking Restrictions - No parking on Ferguson Street between 9.30am - 6pm on
Wednesday 27th September.
- Planning Applications - Betting Shop to Hot Food Take Away at 114 Drip Road.
8. TREASURERS UPDATE
£2812.14 in bank
Paperwork has been signed and sent to bank to change signatories
Bank of Scotland have confirmed they have the paperwork and are progressing the signatory amendment request - no timescale for this.
Online Banking has also been requested.
- Pharmacy update - The pharmacy application for the opening of a pharmacy on Drip Road has been approved by the PPC, following the meeting on 7th August.
There is still a right to appeal for interested parties, one pharmacy owner objected prior to the meeting and they attended the hearing. As they attended the meeting, even if they appeal their objections have been taken into consideration already.
This shouldn't affect the decision but could cause delays. No timescale for opening as yet.
- The Community Council are keen to support Raploch War Memorial, had hoped to hear from a representative at the Community Council meeting tonight but will attend the War Memorial Meeting on Thursday 21st September at 6pm in St Marks.
- St Mark's Update - Interviewing for Community Outreach Worker and getting a Full time Probation Officer, Bethany for 15 months.
Next Tuesday (12th September) BH will be delivering the Time for Reflection at Scottish Parliament and its theme is Children of Raploch. BH is going with Raploch Primary P7 on their Outward Bound Week.
- Big Noise Update - (YP) First week back for after school sessions, lots of new students, more to update at next meeting.
- ZB - looking to run a Friday night youth club for younger children at St Marks. Working in partnership with Active Stirling and Youth Services also. Looking for funding to get started.
Also wants to get Raploch Gala back up and running and the Community Council would like to support this.
- BH mentioned that the Rotary Club wanted to bring Santa back to St Marks again this year.
- PR mentioned Local Place Plans to support communities, new planning legislation, and informs local development plans. Online sessions available.
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 4th October 2023, 6.30pm in Inspiring Communities Hub
JH thanked everyone for coming along and closed the meeting at 20.00
|Check with Stephen Bly total
number of CC members allowed
|Awaiting outcome from Sarah
|CC Website and
|Apply for funding and arrange
|Request from previous Treasurer,
needed for accounts
|Vandalism in school
|Check with FES at Campus
|See if CC have access to them
|Awaiting dates from Stirling
|Report from local
|Ask schools if they would like to
provide any updates quarterly
|CC dates into church
|Email local churches to request
advertising CC meetings
|CC members to attend to offer CC
support and feedback any
|RR & IL
|Ask Stirling Council for an update
|Apply for start up of Community
|Crossing at Raploch
|Check with Stirling Council if there
are plans to add road crossing for
new housing development
|Invite Stirling Council Housing
Representative to Community
|Get Sub Group Set up for
|JH & ZB