Nov 2021 Minutes

Download or view in pdf format

Trossachs Community Council Minutes: Thursday 11th November 2021 in the Village Hall


Participating: Robert Bryder (RB), Crispin Hoult (CH), Gene Maxwell (GM), Chris Mitchell (CM), Sue Morris (SM), with Cllr McDonald (JM)

Apologies: Penny Tindle (PT) & Police






Introductions: CH chaired the meeting and thanked all for coming.

Approval of minutes: October meeting minutes were proposed by SM and

seconded by GM.



Matters Arising:

a) The new Village Map quotes were well received and it was suggested that the third outstanding third quote could be distributed digitally amongst the TCC for budgetary approval once received. To prevent any additional delay, looking at a third price in a TCC monthly meeting was not required. PT to send round once received.

RB added a note on the details and costs – to ensure the suppliers are aware that the volume of additional paths, house names and additional Gaelic naming versions on top of the standard Open Data map production, may be more than those quoting first considered.

JM noted that Murray Cox (previously a presenter in the community) now has a role as part of the Stirling City of Culture bid to bring more local heritage groups together.

b) The licensing concerns. The Byre publican (playing loud music) has been visited by Police, in addition to licensing officers.

c) CH updated that the next meeting regarding the Achray West seasonal transport hub (car park and shuttle bus point) and Strathard & Trossachs Visitor Management Group will take place on 2 December. SM raised concerns on timescales based on recent experiences with Ben A’an car park extension works.

d) GM asked for a budget for the community Christmas tree and lights and a budget of £150 was passed.

e) CM asked for a budget for additional lights for a location to inspire active travel and be a point of seasonal interest. £50 approved.





Stirling Councillor’s update: - JM updated with immediate concerns in the SC area with in-home care provision. With a local supplier pulling out, SC communities may be left without a known service.

The Stirling City of Culture has released a shortlist for funding for the bid to progress to a final presentation.

The new 4-weekly bin collection schedule has had some delays but is working.



Specific Items:

a) Roads: No issues.

b) Finance: No report this month.

c) Planning Matters: Work on the Dundarroch holiday cottages continues

with concerns over access.




A planning application at Strathgartney (Duncraggan Road) raises no concerns with new residents.

GM reported that a recent meeting of planning reps from CC’s within the LLTNPA had met with NP Planning / Stuart Mearns and stressed the need for NP Planning to listen to communities. JM added the vision of Place Plans / Life Plans feeding into LDPs (Local Development Plans) is confusing with naming and needs real-world testing to demonstrate worth.

d) Community Policing: Report provided, although called to several incidents on the area they were stood down or found no incident at all but one:

On 20/10/21 a female came off her bike at Loch Katrine. Police, mountain rescue and air ambulance attended. The female was thereafter airlifted to hospital .

e) Bye-Laws & Camping: No report – awaiting final season report.

f) Broadband: The Scotland Superfast website has been updated with almost all Trossachs addresses now listed as “first half 2023”, slightly longer than the 2022 estimate by BT/Open Reach engineers in the village recently. Katrineside properties out of R100 scope are eligible for significant vouchers.

g) School update : Fundraising is on-going, with disappointment from some significant grant applications. Work to complete the toilets and heating/hot water is expected at the end of November.

TCC support for some of the funds to formalise the passing places on Glen Finglas Road was again discussed. Although finished-road-surface tarmac is required for Local Authority adoption criteria, the budget for hardcore surface seemed more achievable. With current activity on the road intensified by George Leslie and Woodland Trust vehicles a match funding with in-kind or direct funds from these parties is to be





Correspondence: a) Licensing Board – next meeting 23 November (invitation to raise issues appreciated)

b) Budget Consultation online at Engage Stirling is open

c) Deer Management Group - invitation to raise issues appreciated

d) National Park eNews (previously distributed link)

e) Update from FaLS on Lock Katrine and Arklet management plan contacts (James Hand and John Hair)



AOB: a) Dates for 2022 TCC Meetings approved – remaining 2 nd Thursday of the month with optional months in January, May, July and October. No

meeting in August and the AGM to be held at the June date. PT to inform SC.



Next Meeting: The next meeting will be on Thursday 9th December in the

Village Hall.