Lord Lieutenant of Stirling and Falkirk
This guide describes the role of the Lord Lieutenant of Stirling and Falkirk and includes information on King's Awards.
The role of the Lord Lieutenant
The Lord Lieutenant's function is to promote a good atmosphere and a spirit of co-operation by encouraging voluntary service and benevolent organisations. They will also take an active interest in the business, industrial and social life of the area and the voluntary activity carried out there.
Our Lord Lieutenant – Alan Simpson
Appointed by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in 2017, Alan Simpson is the Lord Lieutenant of Stirling and Falkirk.
The Lord Lieutenant is His Majesty’s representative in the area and his prime duty is to uphold the dignity of the Crown. This includes:
- arranging visits of members of the Royal family to the Stirling and Falkirk area and escorting Royal visitors
- representing the King, including duties with the armed forces and presenting certain honours, medals and awards
- liaising with local units of the armed forces and their associated cadet forces
- encouraging and assessing nominations for honours, both personal and for the King's Award for Voluntary Service
- ensuring that the King's Private Office is kept informed about local issues relating to their area, particularly when a Royal visit is being planned
- participating in civic, voluntary and social activities within the Lieutenancy area
Vice Lord Lieutenant and Deputy Lieutenants
The Lord Lieutenant is supported and represented by a Vice Lord-Lieutenant and Deputy Lieutenants.
Vice Lord Lieutenant
- Colonel Alastair Campbell
- Philip Allison
- Mrs Jacqueline Fingland
- G Robin Iffla MBE
- Neil MacDonald
- Mrs Philippa Maclean
- Sir Iain McMillan, CBE
- Mrs Mary Pitcaithly, OBE
- Mrs Wendy Scott
- Mrs Marilyn Stenhouse
- Colonel Charles (Charlie) Wallace
- Professor Ken Thomson OBE
For further information on the duties of the Lord Lieutenant or to arrange for a message of congratulation, please contact:
Clerk to the Lieutenancy
4 Central Boulevard
Phone: 01324 506002