Your Stirling: You Decide Proposal Progress

Your Stirling: You Decide is Stirling’s version of participatory budgeting. The updates below are for the proposal with the most votes that are now being taken forward. 

Each successful proposal will have a Delivery Group made up of those who submitted the idea, Budget Delegates, other key stakeholders and relevant service staff. Led by a Service Officer and supported by the Community Engagement Team, the Delivery Group will work together to build detailed plans through gathering community information and support wider community engagement on the final proposal.

if you have any further questions, please get in touch.

Please note

In the ongoing difficult situation and given Government guidance, only essential work was able to be undertaken for the last few months. As guidance allows, work is now being restarted and although there will be delays from original timescales, planned work is being completed as quickly as possible. Further updates will be posted when we have them.

Ward 1 - Trossachs & Teith

Proposal TT2

Initial meeting - 13 August 2019
Discussions focused on the area of the A811 and railway lines and using the railway line as a cycle track. Community Engagement - Dukes weekender cycling event - postcards were created and given out at the Dukes event.

Meeting - 17 Sept 2019 
Consideration was given to a feasibility study and it was agreed to look at Aberfoyle to Port of Menteith as a phase 1. Community Engagement was discussed. 

Meeting - 17 October
Further investigation undertaken identified some previously discussed land was privately owned and other land where work could be done. The group also heard that an Active Travel Survey is currently being done separately by Stirling Council and will feed into this project.

Update -
Surveys have been done for a Quiet Road, the Drip Bridge resurfacing and bollard replacement has been priced and a further meeting with Transport Scotland is scheduled for late December to discuss signage and resurfacing on the A84. Aberfoyle to Port of Menteith Feasibility Study to be agreed. Next meeting due late January.

Update – July 20
After land identification, work is progressing to get agreements in place on allow improvements to path network.

Expectation is for completion by March 2021 (Dependent on agreements and work plans following easing of lockdown).

 

Ward 1 - Trossachs & Teith

Proposal TT14

Initial meeting - 18 September 2019
The group discussed the proposal and the types of facility, PAMIS or Changing Places Toilet. Stirling Area Access Panel (SAAP) representative advised on some technical issues to be considered. Existing public toilet attached to the Tourist Info office was suitable. 

Meeting 17 October 2019
The delivery group heard from the company working on  the Tourist Information offices to see if a toilet could be incorporated into their proposals. Council Officers will look at a sire visit to identify feasibility.

Update - 
Architect has been commissioned to look at two options and the initial feedback has been received which notes some further technical issues which need to be worked through. 

Meeting 11 February 2020
The group agreed that the existing toilet in Aberfoyle will be upgraded to a higher specification. Further work will be carried out by the Stirling Council Officer to create architect drawings and finalise the proposal.

Update – July 20
Due to issues with additional funding being unavailable, alternatives are being prices to provide acceptable improvements. Further details will be looked at by the Steering Group.

Ward 2 - Forth & Endrick

Proposal FE1

Initial meeting  - 10 Sept
Site visit carried out noting considerations for the development of detailed plans. Community members are now identifying other stakeholders who needs to be involved in further meetings. Next meeting set for early November.

Meeting - 6 November
Discussion took place about the type of pavilion. A traditional structure and canopy type structure (which would require less maintenance) are being looked at with full spec to provide a comparison. Both options are being priced and a further meeting will be held in January to provide full technical analysis.

Meeting - 13 January
Further work is being done on architectural drawings and will be brought back to a further meeting.

Update July 2020
Due to issues with land ownership, discussions are underway to negotiate project delivery.

 

Ward 2 - Forth & Endrick

Proposal FE15

Initial meeting - 7 August 2019
Delivery group discussed all the issues which might affect the options including parking, access and crossing routes. Officers from Roads and Transport Service would do a feasibility study of Main street area to look at what would be possible.

Meeting - 11 September 2019
Officers brought a series of options following a feasibility study. These were discussed in some detail and shop owners contributed their issues over access and deliveries. Officers to work up options.

Meeting - 24 October 2019
Delivery group looked at all options and four were taken forward to the wider community for voting. Community Engagement was discussed including an online survey, exhibition with voting sessions and general publicity in the village. 

Voting for options took place from Monday 25 November until 8 December. This was extended until Wednesday 11 December at 12 noon due to a technical issues which closed the survey earlier than advertised.

Voting is closed
Results of Voting

People were asked to vote on options to install a road crossing and speed restrictions on the Main Street. The option chosen was - 

Puffin Crossing - Option 1 (55% of vote)

Update - 

The process of undertaking detailed design for kerb realignments on Main Street and build outs on Station Road in-house is still ongoing.

Siemens, the Traffic Signals Maintenance contractor, has provided a quote for the design of the new crossing and an indicative price for the supply of equipment. This doesn’t include the costs for civils works related to the crossing such as the area wide kerb realignments, build-outs, dropped kerbs or road markings.

Siemens quote for design was accepted in January and they will provide an update the design shortly. Following formal acceptance of the design, there is an 8-10 week wait for manufacture and delivery of equipment. Installation is then normally carried out within 4 weeks of the equipment becoming available.

Project delivery date is June 2020.

Please note: In the ongoing difficult situation and given Government guidance, only essential work is being undertaken over the next 3 weeks at least.  This means there will be a delay to planned work.

Update – July 20
Awaiting delivery of equipment following restarting of companies and Council work scheme being revised and estimated date of starting works is late August 2020.

Work likely to be fully complete by October 2020 at the latest.​

Ward 3 - Dunblane & Bridge of Allan

Proposal DBA1

Initial meeting  - 12 September 2019
Discussions took place with delivery group on types of accessible toilets and the possible locations including issues relating to them such as loss of existing toilets. 

Meeting - 26 September 2019
More discussion took place on the public understanding of accessible toilets and the group had further discussions on locations.

Meeting - 31 October 2019
Discussions took place on the tree locations being considered. Architects have been commissioned to carry out site surveys and report back on feasibility and accessibility. Feedback will be available late January when a meeting will be organised.

Meeting - 4 February 2020
The group agreed that the Library, the Burgh Chambers and Bridgend will be enhanced to a higher standard of accessible toilet in alignment with modern building standards guidance for accessible toilets. The architects are coming back with drawings to next meeting.

Update July 2020
Detailed design and tender stage is now underway with the expectation is work will start in October.

(Dependent on guidance following easing of lockdown)

Ward 3 - Dunblane & Bridge of Allan

Proposal DBA19

Initial meeting - 26 September 2019
The delivery group discussed the option to be voted on by the wider community including splitting the equipment in different locations (Laighills or Bramar and Newton Parks). Accessibility of equipment was also discussed. Further discussions on community engagement to be looked at during next meeting.

Meeting - 31 October 2019
Equipment and location of the site was agreed. A meeting will take place on 11 December to finalise before procurement of equipment.

Update:

The Delivery Group can now reveal the final Outdoor Gym. The outdoor gym will consist of 12 pieces of hydraulic and resistance exercise equipment some of which is accessible and user friendly for people with disabilities. Laighills was selected as the park for installing the equipment as Braemar is not Council owned and Newton could not be used due to flooding.

The successful proposal is now being actioned and will be fully installed by the end of June 2020.

Also see:
YSYD Proposal DBA 2 - Create a Safe Walking Route in Dunblane

Please note

In the ongoing difficult situation and given Government guidance, only essential work is being undertaken at this time.  There will therefore be a delay to planned work. Further updates will be posted when we have them.

Update July 2020
Equipment has been delivered and work is now being rescheduled into the Council’s work plans. The expectation is work will start in September 2020

 

Ward 3 - Dunblane & Bridge of Allan

Proposal DBA2 (part funded)

Initial meetingÿ - 5 September 2019
There was an acknowledgement that the finance available would not cover improvements to all pavements. The Officers and group looked at possible routes and focusing on priority areas. A consensusÿwas that the improvements should benefit the older people and those with dementia. Paths for All attended to advise on dementia friendly signage. Dementia Lunch Group were consulting with their members.

Meeting - 26 October
A map had been created to show known areas of high concentration of older people and their access to spaces/venues. Discussions took place on what might be able to be done with the finance available.ÿ

Meeting - 31 October 2019
A site visit was organised for the group to look at the agreed path priorities. This took place on 11 November.ÿGroup then agreed 3 priority pathways to be upgraded/repaired. A further meeting will take place on 11 December to finalise plans.

Update:

A number of paths were suggested by the community and the Delivery Group can now reveal the path upgrades that are going ahead are The Haining, Perth Road/Beech Road path and the Perth Road/Four Ways Roundabout path.

The successful proposal is now being actioned and will be fully installed by the end of June 2020.

Also see:
YSYD Proposal DBA19 - Outdoor Gym in Dunblane

Update July 2020
Work is now being rescheduled into the Council’s work plans. The expectation is work will start in September 2020.

 

Ward 4 - Stirling North

Proposal SN11

Initial meeting  - 28 August 2019
The Group looked at issues with the existing play park and proposed a site visit possibility involving local parents in the consultation. Types of equipment was discussed and including fencing and benches. Community members discussed looking for additional funding through grants.

Meeting - 15 October
Officers brought examples of equipment and prices for discussion including accessibility. Discussions took place about installation and officers will come back with 3 options for wider consultation. Discussions took place on how wider community engagement would take place.

Voting took place from Saturday 16 November until Sunday 24 November.

Results of Voting

People were asked to vote in order of preference on equipment options to be included in the Play Park. The equipment chosen (from most preferred) was - 

L - Cableway to 35m long ramp

K - Inclusive Scooter Roundabout

C - Inclusive Boat

G - Slide with Climbing Wall

A - Fire Truck

Winning Options

Update July 2020
Issues with land ownership have been delayed due to the present circumstances with companies having furloughed staff but it is hoped this will be resolved soon.

Equipment has been delivered and is ready for work to begin. The expectation is work will start later this year.

 

Ward 4 - Stirling North

SN13 Proposal

Initial meeting - 4 September 2019
Discussions took place on the condition of the area, ownership and what could be done with the finances available.

Meeting - 10 October 2019
Cancelled - to be re-arranged.

Meeting - 30 October 2019
A number of investigations was agreed to be carried out by Council Officers on for example land ownership. A traffic survey was also organised for Lovers Lane. There was some discussions on enhancements to create a Green Street.

Meeting - 27 November
Further discussions took place on investigations. The group were waiting on the outcome of the traffic survey and further information from investigations.

Drop in meeting took place on 9 December so Council Officers to feed back findings of investigations.

Further meeting is planned for January.

Update

Voting has now closed
Results of vote

People were asked to vote on improvement options for Lovers Lane, Riverside. The option chosen was - 

Option 1 - 10k Enhancement

Update July 2020
Work which was agreed earlier in the year is now being rescheduled into the Council’s work plans. The expectation is work will start in September 2020

 

Ward 4 - Stirling North

SN14 Proposal

Initial meeting - 28 August 2019
Group discussed a walk round to look at the condition of road. Officers could then carry out a survey and provide options for going forward.

Meeting - 15 October 2019
Officers came back with options and costings for the work which the group discussed.

Voting for the road and pavement improvements took place from Saturday 16 November until Sunday 24 November. 

Results of Voting

People were asked to vote in order of preference on road improvement options. The option chosen was-

Improvements to the Pavement along Ladysneuk Road (as highlighted)

Update July 2020
The work which was agreed on is now being rescheduled into the Council’s work plans. The expectation is work will start in September 2020.

 

Ward 5 - Stirling West

SW8 Proposal

Initial meetingÿ - 29 August 2019
Discussion took place on possible equipment, seating and tables including accessibility. The group discussed looking at other parks and what equipment is available.ÿÿ

Meeting - 3 September 2019
7th Scouts shared a survey of parents around the possible ideas. Officers brought information on the equipment available from suppliers with costs and gave information on how to look for other funding sources. The group discussed community engagement on the final proposals.

Voting on the final options for the play equipment was open from 2 to 8 December.ÿ

Voting has now closed.
Results of vote

People were asked to vote on equipment to be included in Beechwood Park. The option chosen was -ÿ
Option 2 Toddler/Junior Unit and Inclusive Roundabout (59%)

Update July 2020
Equipment has been delivered and work is now being rescheduled into the work plans. The expectation is work will start in August 2020.

 

Ward 5 - Stirling West

Proposal SW16

Initial meeting - 3 October 2019
The group discussed the present condition of toilets and the issues that needed dealt with. Officers discussed costs and the need to look at priorities as both internal and external work would not be possible. Officers would carry out a survey of the toilet to bring back to the group. A site visit was arranged.

Site Visit - 11 October 2019
Officers provided an Asset condition survey which had been carried out. The water issues were discussed but officers acknowledged that this is the responsibility of Scottish Water. 

Update - 
Works have been agreed and costed with the architects drawings. Meeting to take place early January and publicity materials on improvements to be sent out to communities.

Update - Final
The Delivery group can now reveal the final plans for the improvements to the toilets at King's Park.

Update July 2020
Following agreement of the design, work is now underway to tender for the work. It is estimated that work will start in September 2020.

Ward 5 - Stirling West

SW18 Proposal (part funded)

Initial meeting - 29 August 2019
Discussion took place on possibilities for the finance available and how this would work with the other Beechwood proposal SW8.

Meeting - 3 September 2019
Scouts presented a survey they had done with parents.

Due to finance, it was decided to focus on the outdoor gym equipment. Officers gathered types of equipment which can be purchased for the finance available. Illustrations of the equipment can be viewed below or at Stirling High School on Tuesday 3 December from 4.00 - 6.00pm.

Equipment being installed

Update -
Procurement will be taking place shortly.

Update July 2020
Equipment has been delivered and work is now being rescheduled into the work plans. The expectation is work will start in August 2020.

 

Ward 6 - Stirling East

Proposal SE2

Initial meeting - 27 August 2019
Delivery group heard of previous consultation and work done to park and the hope to have toddler play equipment and outdoor gym to make the park family friendly. Officers would look at equipment types and costings.

Meeting - 8 October 2019
Officers brought equipment catalogues with various play equipment packages and adult gym equipment. There was a discussion on the suitability of various ground covering and their costings. There was discussion on taking several options out to the wider community for final approval.

Meeting - 12 November 2019
Equipment options will be taken out to the community on 2 - 8 December to decide on final play equipment to be installed.

Voting has now closed
Results of vote

People were asked to vote on equipment options to be included in the Afton Court Play Park. The equipment chosen was - 
Option 1  Toddler equipment (seven items) (50% of vote)

Update July 2020
Equipment has been delivered and work is now being rescheduled into the work plans. The expectation is work will start in August 2020.

 

Ward 6 - Stirling East

Proposal SE3

Initial meeting - 27 August 2019
Delivery group discussed the proposal which was voted on and the reasons for not including the Crawford hall path in a single proposal due to costs. These was discussion on other options for taking the path improvements forward.

Meeting - 8 October 2019
Officers brought details on the repair and upgrading of equipment already installed including ground covering. Costings were being sought from the supplier.

Meeting - 12 November 2019
Equipment options will be taken out to the community on 2 - 8 December to decide on final play equipment to be installed.

Voting has now closed.
Results of vote

People were asked to vote on equipment to be included in the play area beside the Crawford Hall. The equipment chosen was -
Option 1 High Net Swing (52% of vote)

Update July 2020
Equipment has been delivered and work is now being rescheduled into the work plans. The expectation is work will start in August 2020.

 

Ward 6 - Stirling East

Proposal SE4 (part funded)

Initial meeting - 27 August 2019
Discussions took place on what could be done with the finance available - amount of netting, height etc. It was noted the Community Garden would need access to maintain the fence. Officers to look at drawings and costings.

Meeting - 8 October 2019
A site visit was organised and information on discussions during the visit would be fed back to next full meeting of delivery group in November.

Update - 
Type of netting and location agreed. This will go to planning in January for 6 weeks. The netting is expected to be installed at the end of March 2020.

Update July 2020
Work is now being rescheduled into the Council’s work plans. The expectation is work will progress in Oct/Nov 2020.

 

Ward 7 - Bannockburn

Proposal BB33 (combined meetings with BB34 and BB25)

Initial meeting - 21 August 2019
Delivery group heard about the findings of the consultations carried out with local groups, parent & child breakfast club, mothers & Toddlers group, Schools, out of school club, residents and through the Community Council Facebook page. Discussions took place on providing the wiser community with visual materials and what type of community engagement would be most effective. Officers provided quotes for a variety of play equipment for all ages and abilities. It was agreed further quotes would be looked at for the next meeting.

Consultation images

Meeting - 24 September 2019
More input was brought to the meeting on community preferences and engagement. A range of designs and quotes were distributed for the group to see what was possible and a discussion took place on the accessibility aspects of the park. It was agreed to encourage young people to be part of the delivery group.

A site visit of the parks with group members and council officers was also carried out on Tuesday 1 October to look at both parks (BB34) to see where play equipment could be placed and drainage issues affecting the park.

Meeting 22 October 2019
Discussions took place on netting and ground coverings. briefs are being sent to suppliers. There was discussion on additional funding for fences and benches with information passed on about support available to help with any funding bids.Decisions were made on the wider community engagement and how this might be done, time-scales and voting methods.

More community engagement information will be available on the Polmaise Community Council Facebook page

Update - 
Contact has been made to companies to get costs for the equipment and installation. Discussions on how to publicise have been agreed by the group. Next meeting will take place when suppliers come back to Officers.

Update - 
Meeting planned for 10 December to finalise options for play park equipment and publicity for community vote.

Voting has now closed.

Results of Voting

People were asked to vote on which play equipment they would like to see in the Polmaise Play Park. The option chosen was - Polmaise Park option.

Also see Drypow Play Park results

Update July 2020
Equipment is now being installed and should be finished shortly to complete the project.

Ward 7 - Bannockburn

Proposal BB34 (combined meetings with BB34 and BB25)

Initial meeting - 21 August 2019
Delivery group heard about the findings of the consultations carried out with local groups, parent & child breakfast club, mothers & Toddlers group, Schools, out of school club, residents and through the Community Council Facebook page. Discussions took place on providing the wiser community with visual materials and what type of community engagement would be most effective. Officers provided quotes for a variety of play equipment for all ages and abilities. It was agreed further quotes would be looked at for the next meeting.

Consultation images

Meeting - 24 September 2019
More input was brought to the meeting on community preferences and engagement. A range of designs and quotes were distributed for the group to see what was possible and a discussion took place on the accessibility aspects of the park. It was agreed to encourage young people to be part of the delivery group.

A site visit of the parks with group members and council officers was also carried out on Tuesday 1 October to look at both parks (BB34) to see where play equipment could be placed and drainage issues affecting the park.

Meeting 22 October 2019
Discussions took place on netting and ground coverings. briefs are being sent to suppliers. There was discussion on additional funding for fences and benches with information passed on about support available to help with any funding bids.Decisions were made on the wider community engagement and how this might be done, time-scales and voting methods.

More community engagement information will be available on the Polmaise Community Council Facebook page

Update - 
Contact has been made to companies to get costs for the equipment and installation. Discussions on how to publicise have been agreed by the group. Next meeting will take place when suppliers come back to Officers.

Update - 
Meeting planned for 10 December to finalise options for play park equipment and publicity for community vote.

Voting has now closed.

Results of Voting

People were asked to vote on which play equipment they would like to see in the Polmaise Play Park. The option chosen was - Option for Drypow/Top Park

Also see Polmaise Play Park Option

Update July 2020
Equipment is now being installed and should be finished shortly to complete the project.

 

Ward 7 - Bannockburn

Proposal BB25 (combined meetings with BB34 and BB25)

Initial meeting - 21 August 2019
Delivery group heard about the findings of the consultations carried out with local groups, parent & child breakfast club, mothers & Toddlers group, Schools, out of school club, residents and through the Community Council Facebook page. Discussions took place on providing the wiser community with visual materials and what type of community engagement would be most effective. Officers provided quotes for a variety of play equipment for all ages and abilities. It was agreed further quotes would be looked at for the next meeting.

Consultation images

Meeting - 24 September 2019
More input was brought to the meeting on community preferences and engagement. A range of designs and quotes were distributed for the group to see what was possible and a discussion took place on the accessibility aspects of the park. It was agreed to encourage young people to be part of the delivery group.

A site visit of the parks with group members and council officers was also carried out on Tuesday 1 October to look at both parks (BB34) to see where play equipment could be placed and drainage issues affecting the park.

Meeting 22 October 2019
Discussions took place on netting and ground coverings. briefs are being sent to suppliers. There was discussion on additional funding for fences and benches with information passed on about support available to help with any funding bids.Decisions were made on the wider community engagement and how this might be done, time-scales and voting methods.

More community engagement information will be available on the Polmaise Community Council Facebook page.

Upgrade -
Meeting to be arranged to agree the works and repairs. Estimated completion by March 2020.

Update July 2020
Following agreement on the work and repairs to be completed, further building warrants and all necessary

 

Last updated: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:50 AM