Care and Repair is a service for homeowners for privately rented residents who are over 60 years of age who require house repairs or minor adaptations to their homes and require assistance to carry these out.
The Care and Repair Service is a means tested service and applications may be required to contribute towards the cost of any work depending on their financial circumstances.
Works of up to £1,000 may be carried out and the care and repair project worker will provide assistance to organise the work required.
The Care and Repair project may carry out a wide range of repair work and adaptations to your home, for example:
- Joinery work to windows, doors etc
- Small electrical works
- Door and window security work
- Draught proofing and other energy saving measures
- Fit handrails - internal and external
Applications may be accepted if you are:
- Aged over 60
- Own your home
- Live in privately rented accommodation
Last updated: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:49 PM