The Community Planning & Regeneration Committee oversees the community planning processes and deals with the voluntary sector, advice services and community engagement, sport and recreation, culture, libraries and archives.
The Committee oversees all matters relating to:
- Community Planning Partnership
- Community Engagement
- Community Empowerment
- Community Councils
- Area Community Planning
- Community Development
- European funding
- Cultural Services
- Libraries and Archives
- Sport and Physical Activity
- Advice Services
- Urban, social and rural regeneration Council’s equality duties; Combating violence against women
- Community Justice (in so far as it relates to adults)
- Criminal Justice (in so far as it relates to adults).
The Community Planning & Regeneration Committee is empowered to perform the following insofar as not limited by reservation to the Council itself:
(1) Formulating, examining and approving policies, strategies and plans relating to its areas of responsibility.
(2) Formulating, examining and approving policies, strategies and plans relating to the Council’s Equality duties. Where any new policies or changes to policies would have a significant impact on the Council’s strategic objectives, corporate policies or its resources, the Committee should not approve that policy/ change to policy but should instead refer it to Council for approval with or without recommendations.