Before you begin

If the dead animal is in a place where it could cause a hazard – for example in a children's playpark – please call us on 01786 404040. Use the form for all other reporting.

If the dead animal is in a river or other water course, report it to the Scottish Environment Protection Agency. If it's on a motorway or trunk road (A82, A84, A85, A9), report it to Transport Scotland. If it's on private land, notify the landowner.

If you want to report an abandoned or injured animal, call the SSPCA on 03000 999 999.

To find out how we'll handle your personal data, read our privacy notice.