Apply for Housing Benefit

Use this service to make a new application for Housing Benefit.

You can only apply for Housing Benefit if:

  • you, and your partner if they live with you, have reached State Pension age
  • you’re in supported, sheltered or temporary accommodation

Before you begin

The application form will take you around 30 minutes to complete. We'll ask you, and your spouse or partner if they live with you, for:

  • National Insurance numbers
  • your earnings, pensions or other income
  • benefits or allowances you receive
  • dependants and any other people who live with you

If you rent your home from a housing association or private landlord, you'll also need to fill in a tenancy details form.