Financial help to move

Some tenants of Stirling Council may be entitled to a payment of £2,000 to help them move to another Council or local housing association property depending on their circumstances.

To qualify for this payment, you must meet the eligibility criteria below:

  • Be a current tenant of Stirling Council with a Scottish Secure Tenancy.
  • Be living in a four bedroom property that you are under-occupying, or be living in a wheelchair accessible property and you no longer need an adapted property.
  • Move to another Stirling Council property, or housing association property in the Stirling Council area
  • Owe no debts to the Council’s housing service (if you owe a debt to the housing service, this will be deducted from your payment)
  • Leave your home in a clean and well maintained condition with no damage
  • Not be subject to any legal proceedings for a breach of your tenancy agreement.

How do I apply?

If you’re moving to another Stirling Council property, our housing team will identify if you’re eligible when you view and sign the tenancy to your new home and help you to apply for this payment. If you think you’re eligible and this hasn’t been discussed with you though, you can contact us on 01786 404040 or and we’ll look into this for you.

If you’re moving to a property with a housing association in the Stirling area, our housing team will identify if you’re eligible when you notify us you’re ending your tenancy. You do have to tell us when ending your tenancy that you’re moving to another housing association property for us to be able to identify if you’re eligible. You can contact us using the details above if you think you might be eligible too.

When will I receive the payment?

We’ll start to process your application once you sign the tenancy agreement for your new home and give us written notification that you want to end the tenancy for your old home. Payments are likely to be made around a month after your new tenancy starts, though the housing team will keep you informed about your application