Charities and Sports Clubs
Relief of 80% of the rates bill is given to properties occupied by charities. The Council has the discretion to reduce all or part of the remaining 20% of the bill.
Relief may be available to Sports Clubs who operate sporting activities as recognised by Sport Scotland.
Relief is available on properties used for the care or aftercare of people suffering from a disability.
Transitional Relief for the hospitality sector
You may be entitled to transitional relief if the rateable value of your property increased by more than 12.5% at 01/04/17, doesn’t have a rateable value over £1.5 million and your property has the following description
Class 1 Bed and breakfast accommodation
Class 2 Camping site
Class 3 Caravan
Class 4 Caravan site
Class 5 Chalet and holiday hut
Class 6 Guest house, hotel and hostels
Class 7 Public house
Class 8 Restaurants
Class 10 Self-catering holiday accommodation
Class 11 Timeshare accommodation
To claim the relief, please complete Hospitality Industry Cap Form and return to the Rates team at Stirling Council as soon as possible. Please note, relief can only be awarded within the current financial year and cannot be awarded to properties that are empty. Any applications received after 31st March cannot be backdated to the previous financial year.
Relief may be awarded on certain:Village stores or Post Offices
Last updated: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:51 PM