More than just a book
You can borrow a variety of items from your library
- Brightly coloured board books, lift-the-flap books, touch and feel books and nursery rhyme books for babies. Picture books, Phonics books and Easy Reads for toddlers and children who are learning to read.
- Audio Books - on CD, Playaway (MP3 Player) and downloadable e-audio.
- Variety of books in various foreign languages.
- Books to support children and families through special or difficult situations
- Official SQA past papers.
- Free access to hundreds of e-books for children and young people
- Stories for older readers
- Fact and topic books to answer all your questions.
- Novels for teenagers and young adults
- Comic and Graphic Novels
We work in partnership with Scottish Book Trust to run the Bookbug Session in local communities. These sessions offer parents and carers the chance to bond with their children through stories, songs and rhymes. These sessions are free and are suitable from birth to 4 years.
What else does our library offer for young children?
All babies and children can register for their own library card and borrow books for free.
We have an excellent selection of children’s books including board, picture, audio and lift the flap books. Ask a member of our staff if you would like some recommendations.
We are delighted that in Stirling Council there are no fines on children's library cards.