In the coming months, we’ll start work on the third Stirling Local Development Plan. We expect to adopt this in 2026.
How we're developing the new plan
We agreed our Interim Development Plan Scheme in September 2021. This explains:
- how we’ll review the current Stirling Local Development Plan
- how we’ll prepare the next Stirling Local Development Plan
- when we’ll do this
We’ll prepare our next Stirling Local Development Plan under new local development planning regulations. We’ll begin this work once these regulations have come into force, which should be in late 2022 or early 2023.
If there are no changes to the current timeline, we will:
- prepare and publish an evidence report in 2023
- prepare and publish a proposed plan in 2024–25
- adopt the new plan in 2026
How you can get involved
Once we start preparing our new plan, we’ll carry out a range of engagement activities. These will include:
- public events, such as drop-in sessions and workshops
- e-consultations and engagement projects on the Engage Stirling digital platform
We outline these activities in detail in our participation statement, which is in the interim development plan scheme.
In the meantime, we would like to hear your views on:
- our Interim Development Plan Scheme
- our engagement commitments
- how you would like to participate in the plan-making process
You can tell us what you think by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for updates
You can also ask us to send you updates on the new plan’s development. To register for these, just follow these steps.
- Create a new email with 'Stirling Local Development Plan 3 updates' or 'SLDP3 updates' in the subject line.
- In the body of the email, write a short statement that makes it clear you’re happy for us to send you updates. You can also add your name, but this is not compulsory.
- If you want us to acknowledge your request, please say this in the email.
- Send the email to email@example.com.
You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time. To do this, just send us an email with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
From time to time, we might tell you about other developments that we think are relevant. These might include:
- planning consultations