Initial requests for advice should, at present, be directed to our partner agency – Advice Direct Scotland who can be contacted on 0808 164 6000 or via the consumer advice website.
Their advisers will:
- Give you practical advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
- Inform you of the consumer laws which may apply to your situation
- Pass relevant information to the appropriate Trading Standards authority for consideration/further investigation
- Obtain a refund for you, or take court action for you
- Recommend a business or tell which particular businesses to avoid
- Investigate complaints about food hygiene or food standards, this is dealt with by Environmental Health.
We will continue to monitor complaints and enquiries about unfair trading or pricing practices and consumer safety issues that are received via Advice Direct Scotland. These will be assessed and dealt with on a case-by-case basis, and in accordance with the present Scottish Government and NHS requirements.
If you are looking for a business to undertake works for you, please visit https://approvedtrader.scot/
For Europe-wide consumer advice, visit the UK European Consumer Centre
Last updated: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:52 PM