Taxi fares to apply throughout the whole of Stirling Council Area. Any hire that terminates outwith Stirling Council Area - fare by agreement before journey commences.
Tariff 1 (applies to hires from 7am to 11pm Monday to Saturday excluding public holidays and applies to all taxi vehicles)
Flag Charge: £3.40. This is the starting fare for first half mile, then for each 86 yards thereafter it charges at £0.10
3 miles = £8.60
6 miles = £14.70
10 miles = £22.90
Tariff 2 (applies to hires starting between 11pm and 7am throughout the year, Bank Holiday dates and all day on a Sunday.
Flag Charge: £4.00. This is the starting fare for first half mile, then for each 86 yards thereafter by calculating tariff 1 and increasing by 25%
3 mile = £10.40
6 mile = £18.00
10 mile = £28.30
Tariff 3 (Only to be used when taxi or private hire vehicles are carrying 5 or more passengers. This tariff is solely for the large vehicles and can never be used when travelling in a small taxi or private hire vehicle that can only carry 4 passengers)
Flag Charge: £5.40. This is the starting fare for first half mile, then for each 86 yards thereafter by calculating tariff 1 and increasing by 60%.
3 mile = £13.60
6 mile = £23.40
10 mile = £36.50
Christmas and New Year (applies to all taxi vehicles)
Tariff 2 will apply from 24 December at 11pm through to 27 December at 7am and 31 December at 11pm through to 3 January at 7am
During this period Tariff 3 can only to be used when taxi or private hire vehicles are carrying 5 or more passengers, this tariff is solely for the large vehicles and can never be used when travelling in a small taxi or private hire vehicle that can only carry 4 passengers
First 3 minutes: Free
Each additional minute or uncompleted part thereof: 30p
- For each person in excess of one: 20p
- For booking a taxi or private hire car by phone or in advance a call out charge shall be payable subject to a maximum charge of: 50p
- Soiling: £50
- No charge shall be allowed for return of taxi or private hire car from where it is discharged by the hirer.
- When a taxi or private hire car is called out but not used, a charge shall be allowed as if it had been occupied from the time it left the stance or garage to the time it is discharged.
- Fares for distances outwith Stirling Council area shall be the subject of a special agreement prior to commencement of journey.
- There shall be no charge for children under six years of age or for one child under 12 years of age accompanied by an adult. Any child or children unaccompanied by an adult may be charged at adult fares. The driver of a taxi or private hire car may refuse to carry any child or children under 12 years of age unless accompanied by an adult.
- In the event of a taxi or private hire car becoming, in the course of a journey, unfit in any way to convey the hirer to the destination for which it is engaged, the driver shall not be entitled to charge any fare for the distance already travelled, provided that should the hirer elect to wait until the taxi or private hire car is fit to proceed or to use a substitute taxi or private hire car provided within a reasonable time, the full fare for the completed journey shall be chargeable less the amount which can be charged for waiting time in terms hereof.
All taxi vehicles must have on clear visible display a meter or app device within the vehicles as part of the licence conditions in order that the public can see the fare and the tariff applied.
Should you believe that there is any discrepancy with the fare you should contact the office at email@example.com
You should give the date, time, pick up and drop off details for the hire along with the vehicle registration or plate number in order that Licensing can look into this matter.