Report anti-social behaviour

What is anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is wide ranging and includes disputes with neighbours, noise, substance abuse and serious harassment or criminal activity. ASB happens when someone causes, or is likely to cause, alarm or distress on more than one occasion to anyone who is not another member of their household.

It can be:

  • causing a nuisance by rowdy or noisy behaviour
  • intimidation or harassment
  • criminal damage or vandalism
  • drug or substance abuse
  • misuse of public space, including littering
  • abandoned cars and other car crimes

How we deal with ASB complaints

We deal with all complaints in a confidential manner, following the code of practice of the Information Commissioners Office.

When you make a complaint, we aim to respond promptly. We’ll try to arrange an initial interview with you within 5 working days. Serious complaints are given priority and will be investigated immediately. We might also speak to neighbours or witnesses and contact other agencies for information that may help the investigation. We try to begin our investigation as soon as possible.

Once the investigation is complete, we’ll decide on the most appropriate course of action, and keep you up to date with progress within 30 working days. In some cases, the investigation will take longer. For example, if the person being complained about is a vulnerable adult or child, we may work with other agencies to provide a solution.

We only apply for anti-social behaviour orders as a last resort.

Who can report ASB

Stirling Council will investigate all complaints of ASB – whether they are from council, private or housing association tenants, or from property owners. If you're a private or housing association tenant, you can still contact us but we will ask you if you have spoken with your landlord or housing association as they have powers and legal duties to investigate ASB  complaints involving their tenants. If you're unsure, contact us for advice.

How to report ASB

Please use the contact us form below. When you report ASB please try to give us as much information as possible. This can include:

  • your own name and address and contact details
  • details of the person you're complaining about – name and address or description
  • a brief summary of any incidents – what happened, where and when

If you've got any evidence of ASB, this is often useful. Please keep this and provide it to us when we ask for it.

Support contact details

Service Contact details


01786 404040

Central Scotland Police

01786 456000

Out of hours noise team

01786 404040

Victim Support

0800 160 1985

Stirling Women’s Aid

01786 470897

Fire and Rescue


Paragon Housing

01324 664966

Castle Rock

01506 436530

Rural Housing

01786 841101