Modern Apprenticeships help young people to earn a wage while they learn. They cover a wide range of industry sectors and roles.
My World of Work website contains lots of useful resources around career planning for children, young people, parents and teachers.
Public sector job opportunities
Public and third sector jobs in Scotland are advertised on the My Job Scotland website.
Literacy, numeracy and employability skills
We offer support to young people aged 16-25 who want to develop their literacy, numeracy and employability skills. Learners can work towards ASDAN awards and SQA qualifications in:
- core skills communication
- numeracy and ICT
Young Person's Guarantee
The Young Person’s Guarantee aims to:
- prepare young people for work through work experience, volunteering and work-based learning
- engage with and provide opportunities to young people who face barriers to work
- create work-based learning, training and upskilling opportunities for young people
- create jobs and opportunities for young people through apprenticeships, paid internships and work experience
- create an inclusive workplace to support learning and enable young people to meet their potential
Find out more
To find out more about any of the opportunities on this page, or to refer yourself or a young person, email email@example.com