Parent and family support
Our parent and family support team works with others to provide services that help make a positive difference to families, children and young people age 3-8 years.
We’re committed to ensuring that all children get the best start in life. We make sure parents and carers in Stirling can access early help that assists them, and supports their children to thrive and achieve.
Our support is tailored to each family’s needs. Its community based, and offers generic through to targeted support for children aged 3-8 years old and their families.
Stirling’s 10 Principles of Family Support
- Peer and Community Based
- Responsive and Timely
- Work with Family Strengths
- Feeling in control, listened to and valued
- Holistic and Based on Relationships
- Patient and understanding to the needs of children
- Joined up and Working Together
1 to 1 support for families
This can include:
- Learning and practical support to improve family health and wellbeing
- Building relationships and resilience within families
- Specific support identified for an individual child
- Support to parents and children with additional needs
- Early learning programmes
- Video interaction guidance
- Signposting families to housing and other services
- Positive parenting sessions
How to access support
All our programmes are delivered on a rolling basis. You can access them directly, as well as through professionals working with your child. Contact email@example.com for further information.
Positive parenting programmes for parents and carers of children aged 3-8
Discussion group triple P
Suitable for all parents, each 2-hour session covers a topic that’s challenging for families, from hassle free shopping to developing good bedtime routines.
Group triple P
An eight-week programme for parents and carers who find parenting challenging. This course will set you up with the full range of triple P’s positive parenting strategies, and help you understand why your child behaves the way they do.