We provide support for young people who are in the process of leaving care and aiming to live independently. We have a duty of care for young people who are looked after or accommodated at, or after, their school leaving date and who are between the ages of 16 and 26.

We offer:

Education and employment

  • Helping you to apply for courses
  • Supporting you with the costs of attending training or college
  • Help with finding a job or if required, assistance on how to apply for benefits from JobCentre Plus


  • Support to apply for suitable accommodation
  • Financial support for rent, maintenance or winter fuel payments
  • Assistance to furnish your property
  • Supported Lodging Scheme

Personal support

  • Help and support with family relationships
  • Emotional support
  • Providing support to address health problems, including drug and alcohol issues


Once a date has been agreed for you to leave care, our team will begin working with you and your allocated social worker.

We may attend your "Looked After Child" reviews - these reviews give you and others the opportunity to express your opinion about how soon we become involved in supporting you.  We will then develop a "Pathways" plan.  This will be reviewed at least every 6 months.


Pathways ensure that all young people can access the same standard of service across seven areas:

  • Lifestyle
  • Family and friends
  • Health and wellbeing
  • Learning and work
  • Where I live
  • Money
  • Rights and legal issues

Find out more about Pathways

How long you can expect to receive support

We will usually continue to provide support until you turn 19, however, if you feel you would benefit from our continued support, this may be extended until you're 26.

You may also be interested in:


Advocacy offers free, independent services to ensure that your voice is heard and your views are expressed in decisions which affect your lives.  Find out more about Children's advocacy via Who Cares Scotland.


We strive to provide high quality, person-centred service.  However, if you feel that you are unhappy with the service you have received, you have a legal right to complain.

If you are unhappy with Social Work services, please see our complaints procedure.

Contact us

If there is anything else you want to know, please feel free to contact us.

Rate this Page