Stirling Council is committed to establishing a positive ethos within all educational establishments and their communities where a central emphasis is placed on fostering positive relationships, impacting positively on behaviour. To ensure that we are getting it right for all children and young people, different support will be given to children and young people to nurture these positive relationships depending on individual need:
Universal (all children and young people)
- Whole school nurturing approaches.
- A clear focus placed on early intervention and prevention.
- A balance between high expectation, structure and emotional warmth.
- Careful consideration of the protected characteristics.
Targeted and individual approaches (tailored for individual children and young people depending on need)
- For a small number of young people, a staged approach to intervention is key.
- De-escalation approaches in supporting distressed behaviour where it occurs.