Fallin is a village in the Stirling council area of Scotland. It lies on the A905 road 3 miles east of Stirling on a bend in the River Forth. The United Kingdom Census 2001 recorded the population as 2710.
It was formerly a pit village, the site of the Polmaise Colliery 3&4 (Polmaise Colliery 1&2 was situated at Millhall), originally opened in 1904 by Archibald Russell Ltd. At its peak, in 1957, it employed 778 people. During the UK miners' strike 1984-85 it was reputed to be the only colliery in Britain where support was so strong that there was no need for pickets during the whole of the strike. British Coal decided to close the Colliery on 17 July 1987, marking the end of coal mining in Stirlingshire.