What is a Building Warrant? Do I need one?
The Building Standards Customer Journey for Home Owners (PDF, 6.3MB) is a very helpful document in explaining the roles and responsibilities of the homeowner in relation to the Building Standards process.
A Building Warrant is generally required when:
- Building a new home
- Extending your home
- The building or removing of walls
- Altering roofs, external walls or other structural elements
- Converting a loft or garage into a room
- Demolishing a building
Documents you will need:
- Plans and drawings in relation to the proposed work
- The appropriate application fee
- Certificates from an Approved Certifier of Design (if you are using one)
- Confirmation that you intend to use an Approved Certifier of Construction
Last updated: Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:55 PM