Permanent and temporary adaptations can be installed following an assessment of need. Once this is complete a recommendation will be made by a member of the Occupational Therapy/Health team.
Types of Adaptations
Adaptations can help to enable a person to safely use basic facilities within their home. Adaptations may include:
- minor adaptations like fitting grab rails or a banister
- major adaptations like replacing a bath with a level access shower or installing a stair lift
Some adaptations you may be entitled to include:
- Installing handrails
- Lowering work surfaces
- Making your home wheelchair accessible
- Replacing your bath with a level access shower
- Widening doorways or creating a ramped access
If you think you are entitled to adaptations to help you live more easily at home, please speak with an Occupational Therapist. We will make arrangements for us to visit and give you an assessment of your needs.