The following guidelines will help you to park in a better way to avoid inconvenience, nuisance and danger to other road users and also prevent you from receiving fine(s) or facing legal action(s) as a result of inappropriate parking. These guidelines are also applicable to your visitors.
Please ensure that you:
- do not block your neighbour's drive way or entrance to their private car park.
- park only in a designated parking area if you are parking on a street outside your home.
- do not park on any footpath or pavement, grass margin or a cycle lane.
- do not park within 15 metres before or 5 metres after a pedestrian crossing.
- do not park on double yellow lines, near a school entrance where there are yellow zigzag lines along the edge of the road.
- do not park within 5 metres of a road junction unless parking spaces are clearly marked.
- do not park at a corner, a bend, the brow of a hill or on a hump-back bridge.
- do not park at an area marked "BUS" at a bus stop or "TAXIS" at a taxi rank.
- do not park any large commercial vehicle, caravan, boat or mobile home on a regular basis on any public road or land owned by the council without a written permission.
- do not use car parking areas, your driveway or any area near your home to carry out repairs to any vehicle.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please phone 01786 404040 or email us.
Last updated: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:51 PM